Clicking in the front

AGD202

5+ Year Member
When im stopping, going, or turning I hear a click coming from the front. More of a loud pop. What the deal is?

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My guess = axles are shot

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
replace axles immediately... keep an eye on those cv boots...

AGD202

5+ Year Member
sweet thanks thats kind of what I was thinking. I found some on yoparts for $180 for both. Good deal or no? Its the only stock ones they carry in the OEM section. Or anybody have reccomendations for some good ones. Im not looking for super strong 1000hp ones because the d16 makes no power.....

andrewmrtnsn

5+ Year Member
if its a continuous clickin its probably axles but if its just a single loud pop.. like stated above.. could be ball joints.. just fyi

bmx4life54321

saving neglected honda
5+ Year Member
id check the ball joints first, and as for cv axels, replace that immediatly!!! dont want your wheels to break and rip off!! (worst case cenario)

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
check and see if your cv boots are torn.. if they are, it's probably the joints.

AGD202

5+ Year Member
I'll get under there tonight and check the boots out and order axles tomorrow. Should the cv boots be removed once in a while and grease the joints or no? Also I have been looking for grease points for a while not in other places. Anybody know if they exist?

AGD202

5+ Year Member
also I just put new upper control arms on my car a couple months ago so it shouldn't be the ball joint unless it was bad. It was Skunk2 camber kit.

andrewmrtnsn

5+ Year Member
from wut i hear skunk2 ball joint boots are notorious for cracking prematurely (just word of mouth tho) but i was talking about the lower ball joints not the uppers. but is it constantly clicking when you turn or a single popping.. important detail. no need to replace something that isnt broken

AGD202

5+ Year Member
Its just one pop as I'm turning the wheel. I have heard about the skunk2 boots drying out and cracking also.