climate control swap?

BlindSniper

5+ Year Member
will the radio/climate control assembly swap straight over from a 99/00 to 96-98? who f**king puts a cd holder pocket think behind a cup holder? the kid completely blocks it, and the rear defrost switch......wth? im a small guy an i have too lean over too press it. obviously honda got the hint in 98.

ocdjg

5+ Year Member
will the radio/climate control assembly swap straight over from a 99/00 to 96-98? who f**king puts a cd holder pocket think behind a cup holder? the kid completely blocks it, and the rear defrost switch......wth? im a small guy an i have too lean over too press it. obviously honda got the hint in 98.
Its swapable but its a b***h. Reason why is because the 96-98's have a manual control for the AC, while the 99's+ use a digital control.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah youll have to replace everything behind the dash

spoon egg

Teeth Doctor
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you have a lot of time and patience, then go for it! but if you don't it's not really worth it. There's a few write ups on how to do it floating around google.

BlindSniper

5+ Year Member
oooooo ok. thats all i needed. its fun being a n00b again, lol. i graduated from ef to ek.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've done it and personally I don't feel as if it was worth it. If you have a
day or two off work and a helping hand it can be knocked out though; not hard just time consuming.