clucking noise when turning

2QCK4U2

Hate To Lose
5+ Year Member
Could Be Bearing Also

The one way to know for sure that it is your axle is to take off the wheel for the side that you hear clicking. If the inside of the rim has grease all over it than inspect your boot. If the boot is split than you need a new one. If you caught it prior to the clicking it is only like $15 to replace the boot.
Worst case is you are accelerating and the joint snaps. Once that happens all you are going to hear is your engine whining cause you ain't going no where. =)

anarchyaudiorob

5+ Year Member
axle some what easy to replace. You will need if i rember a 32mm scocket and breaker bar to remove the axle nut. Also a ball joint removal tool to take off lower ball joint and ball joint from the tie rod. After that you just pull out the axel from the tranny and pop the new one and and make sure its popped in all the way. I didnt check one time I did my car and i went for a test drive and it popped out and that sucked. :lol: . But yea its kinda easy to put one in your self.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it could also be the half-shafts. that's what it was on my wife's car. mine was the axel and boot. check em both out. you'll want to change it sooner than later

typerspec

5+ Year Member
The same thing happen to me, and i would get the thing replaced as soon as possible otherwise risk driving the car like that.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure the OP got it replaced since this thread is about 2+ years old. LOL
To the one who revived it: good pics.