cluster light doesnt work!

addiel1000

5+ Year Member
okie so i bought a 96 civic DX and the cluster lights doesnt work at all!! i have no idea why,.. every time i turn on my headlights the cluster doesnt turn on... i took it out and checked if everything was good... all the wires was in place.. cheked if the bulbs were good.. and i found everything good... so what could it be? please help!:(

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check the fuse. happen to me

RonJ

Banned
yea but that one fuse is conected to the tailights. and my tailights turn on..
96-00 Civics -- The taillight and cluster light circuits are protected by different fuses -- #30 versus #32.

Is the dimmer switch turned all the way down?

USdmEG

haha my cluster ligjht dont work too and now my tail lights dont turn on but when i break it turns on and all my fuses are still good so im changing my dash harness cuz maybe my wires burned so i think u might have same problem as me if ur fuses didnt pop

RonJ

Banned
haha my cluster ligjht dont work too and now my tail lights dont turn on but when i break it turns on and all my fuses are still good so im changing my dash harness cuz maybe my wires burned so i think u might have same problem as me if ur fuses didnt pop
You need to double check fuse 19.

reincarnatedvx

I jave the same problem on my '92 VX...fuse still good, bulbs good, and the wires on the clip @ the cluster both have power when I use a test probe ....the light on the probe turns on and off when I turn the light switch on/off....HELP!!!!
Also, slightly related, does anyone know the proper way to change the face color on the guages? I have a really cool blue set of guage faces, but don't know how to remove the guage needles
thanx for your help, Jim

Project EgB

Same Turn signal/lights lever problem-92 hatch

This seems to be a common problem as i have been having the same problem..the only way i have been keeping my headlights AND tailights on at the same time is to turn the headlights on and gently twist the nob back till the cluster lights come on..thats when i noe the taillights are on is if the cluster lights are working lol sometimes a big enough bump will turn the cluster/ taillights off..which for me getting pulled over is a serious problem....i am a noob to this but obviously the switch is old..it looks to me like you need to remove the whole dash,cluster, and steering wheel to replace this turn signal/ light switch? Any one noe if this is true..Otherwise anyone noe a trick to keep whatever contacts are in the lever working right for a little longer...im getting to the point where im just gonna put the cluster/taillights on a switch on the dash lol cuz it is getting worse..anyway i am a noob to the site and i hope i posted this in the correct thread...if not i am sorry..but any answers wld be greatly appreciated