cluster lighting

EKFour

Hey I want to change out the lights in the back of my cluster to a red/amber color. I have read about doing led bulbs (not strips) and had a few questions: I know that the small bulb size is #24 but will #74 work as well? To avoid hot spots, will these 3 directional leds work

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/instrument-cluster-gauge/74-led-bulb-3-smd-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/228/

And do leds have the tendency to melt parts of the cluster due to it's high brightness? I know this is kind of loaded but I appreciate any help!

CO671

Registered VIP
1 SMD is bright already
What cluster is this for? T5's and 74's are the common bulbs for 96-00 Civic clusters as far as i know.
If you want an amber/red cluster you can always just get the CRV cluster, then you can still control the dimming and the light wont be so blotchy.

EKFour

oh my bad, i forgot to mention it was for 98 civic manual! but i figured that with the 3 lights on the single bulbs, it would eliminate the blotchy ness and the hot spotting. And i didn't want to get the crv cluster because then I wouldn't be able to drop my speedo into there (to keep the miles) without it looking funny