cluster swap Any suggestions?

cvrtsniper

hey guys I am lookin into a cluster swap. I found a 00 Insight digital cluster for 75$ ebay. But I am wondering if that will even work with it? also any newer clusters you guys recommend. Note: It is an automatic so.

Jolting

Yeah I'm going to say thats probably not going to be possible.

That is without some serious modifications. I'm also pretty sure that it wouldn't even bolt in never mind the wiring. Plus the fact its digital and your car was not made to use digital.

Just get any civic 96-00 cluster or a 97-01* CRV cluster.

*US Spec

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ what he said

97-01 crv cluster with ek9 bezel:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes you can put basically any cluster in that you want as long as its not to big for the hole. the main part about the swap would be the wiring. there is not difference between the digital and mechanical really everything still wires up the same. if you want i would recommend a 01-05 civic cluster because the look really good here is mine installed in my 96 civic hx

here is a link to someone just asking about this http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=195635

sirkus34

more wood than noah's arc
That last dash is really nice! I like the newer style gauges in the older style car!
But wiring would be the biggest issue. I had a friend with a S2k cluster in his crx. It was a pain to make it work correctly, but once he worked out all of the kinks it was pretty awesome.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its not a pain to make work at all its just a pain for me to figure out how to make the abs light and brake light go out cause i dont have abs. i just need the wiring diagram but i dont have time to honda to go get it.the only 2 things that dont work right i are the cel and the temp gauge but im sure with the right diagram(not some homemade online diagram) i could fix that