Clutch advice?

juxstapo

5+ Year Member
Kinda obnoxious to ask the same question here, but only one individual (civicplaya), on civicforums.com even bothered to reply. (Appreciated that though)

'96 EX, started as a project, became a daily after divorce and single-dad status. Clutch is going out.
This is my first Honda.
My initial plans was low-boost for the D16Y8, but after life did a flip flop, my goals are a lot lower. Header and Cold Air bought the limit of my immediate plans, well.. pullies too perhaps.
So, need this thing to be uber-reliable and safe for hauling a two and three year old around. Buuut, daddy still drives like a jackass when babies aren't in the car.
My question is this, OEM clutch or aftermarket? By and large its a baby hauler, but I still like to drive hard[ish] when the opportunity presents.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think you answered your own question. get an exedy stage 1 and call it a day. and for your children's sake dont kill yourself driving "like a jackass"

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Both will be ok (oem, a/m) If you want something with pop just go with a stage one, something that supports like 200-250 hp. that will even suit a boosted engine if you stumble into money, just don't drop mad money on something that is unnecessary shop around.
and good luck with s**t, you aren't the only one flipped Peace