clutch/flywheel sugg. for h22 civic swap?

h22bubble

h22bubble
5+ Year Member
i have a 92 civic bubble wit a h22a1 swap...i have the jdm trans. w.lsd..i need suggestions on the type of clutch n flywheel setup i shud run that wud work best...money is sorta a deal but you get wat you pay for..the help is appreciated..thanx

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like my act :what:

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd say get a 12lbs flywheel with a Stage 1 clutch. I would get ACT

destructn

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have an ACT stage 3 clutch in combo with a Fidanza 7.8lb flywheel..

Best addition to my car to date has been that flywheel.. doesnt feel like I lost a lot of torque but it drives like an entirely different car... engine revs very comparibly to my friends boosted SI with 7.8lb flywheel... was definetly the best 200 I've spent on my car

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
only a single cam, but ive owned an exedy stage 1 with an exedy flywheel and a act stage one with the act streetlite flywheel... liked the act better..

h22bubble

h22bubble
5+ Year Member
yea true...but i was thinkin bout act street perf. clutch w/ unorthodox flywheel..the dude dat had the car b4 me ran a 6-puck clutch n f**kd the whole thing up..i heard dat is for main drag?

destructn

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
h22bubble said:
yea true...but i was thinkin bout act street perf. clutch w/ unorthodox flywheel..the dude dat had the car b4 me ran a 6-puck clutch n f**kd the whole thing up..i heard dat is for main drag?
it is alittle harsh if your going to bedriving in the city.. but otherwise its not too bad, the only time I really dont like having a six puck is when im in a drive-thru creeping behind cars to the window... you can tell when it's tryin to grab. But overall its a great clutch... I've actually got a weird combination.. its an ACT 6puck solid hub, and an Exedy pressure plate.. best clutch i've ever owned. :rocker: