clutch help!!!!!

UkNoWmEhFoO

JDM WHAT- DONT H8
5+ Year Member
ok... after running at the track... i drove around fine.. went to sonic and after i left my clutch went all the way down like it should "disengage " but when i came up with it.. about 1inch or not even it "engages".... and i had to pump it a few times after i put it in neutral...... so i looked over it today.... i seen that the master clutch cylender had some stuff comming out... i went to advanceautoparts got a new one... relpaced it... bleed the clutch line to get all the air out.... still same thing..??? what should i do? .... i mean i pump it a few times and it goes into gear and goes.. so i dont think it's the clutch.....

HELP PLEASE!

ben

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check your clutch slave cylinder as well for leaks. It's good practice to replace master/slaves as a set. Putting a brand new master cylinder will wear out an old slave cylinder fairly quickly.

Before doing that tho, I'd recommend you bleed again. Still sounds like you've got air in your line.

WiggerMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and make sure you are using the proper fluids for the system like brake fluid for the clutch, if you use anything thats petroleum based like motor oil and tranny fluid you will swell the seals in the cylinder and will need to buy another new one

UkNoWmEhFoO

JDM WHAT- DONT H8
5+ Year Member
henkz0r said:
Check your clutch slave cylinder as well for leaks. It's good practice to replace master/slaves as a set. Putting a brand new master cylinder will wear out an old slave cylinder fairly quickly.

Before doing that tho, I'd recommend you bleed again. Still sounds like you've got air in your line.
no air... i bleed it really goooood.... no air what so ever.... but i will replace slave tomm......

wiggerman said:
and make sure you are using the proper fluids for the system like brake fluid for the clutch, if you use anything thats petroleum based like motor oil and tranny fluid you will swell the seals in the cylinder and will need to buy another new one
i put in dot 3 fluid...... when i changed the master it had like "GUNK" like thick s**t in it..... chunks of stuff.... so i think now... it might be some of that "GUNK" stuck in the lines somewhere not letting pressure get through the lines... so i am going to take apart all the lines and blow it out with pressure.... hope that works...

slave will be replaced too....