Clutch Master Cylinder leak and timing belt help!!!

Mad-Mike

5+ Year Member
Alright I'm in a little dilemma here and I need help. I just bought myself a 1994 Civic Hatch CX and it has two problems. First Problem is the timing is off by 1 tooth and needs to fixed. Can I just slide the timing belt off and realign it?

Second problem is that there is a leak in the clutch master cylinder and its not drivable.(won't go into gear). The clutch pedal is stuck on the floor. The guy was telling me that you have to pump the clutch to get it working and when he bled the system a bunch of bubbles were in the line. Now is it the clutch master cylinder or is there a leak in one of the lines going to the master cylinder? I found a place to store the car and its about 90 miles away and I wanna bring it home so bad. I was gonna get it towed to a near Honda but its too low to tow. I need help guys I only got a few days to store it.

I posted this up on honda-tech too. I just wanna get the car home so bad and need help!!

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
you have to bleed the clutch for a while until its good again. Check under the dash behind the clutch pedal and see if its wet there.

Mad-Mike

5+ Year Member
Yea it was wet behind the clutch pedal. I was told that I need to replace the master cylinder so more likely I'm gonna do that. I plan on making one trip to hopefully bring it home.

Youthanasia

5+ Year Member
See if you can get a cheap master cylinder at autozone just to get you going. The timing being off one tooth needs attention but you should be able to drive it home like that if you take it easy. Or if you can get it going, take it to a near by shop and just have them adjust the timing

Mad-Mike

5+ Year Member
Also the car has a b18b1 swap but I'm not sure on the transmission. Can I still get a clutch Master Cylinder from the original car or do I have to get one according to the transmission? My friend brought this up and said I have to get one according to the transmission.

Youthanasia

5+ Year Member
Since your Civic has had it's original engine swapped, you need to find out what transmission is in it right now and yes your master cylinder would need to be ordered based on the transmission. Are you sure it's the master cylinder? Maybe the clutch is entirely blown, or you have a badly slashed line. I would just pay to tow it home, stick it on a flat bed and go. Then figure out what it needs when you get it apart.