Clutch not engaging help please!!!!!!

kj 47

5+ Year Member
Bassicly my 96 civic 5spd cluch was slipping when i gassed it and got on it, If I let off the gas it would grab and i could keep driving fine. So i changed the throw out bearing, clutch disk and preassure plate. Assembled it all and now its like the clutch never engages. I can start the car in gear it dosent stall or jump just like its in nutral you can shift threw all gears without pushing in clutch. Ive had the tranny out 3 times trying to figyre it out need suggestions. The cluch id in correct flywheelside to flywheel side, what could it be??? Thanks in advance

tucker st.croix

Green Slut
5+ Year Member
Bassicly my 96 civic 5spd cluch was slipping when i gassed it and got on it, If I let off the gas it would grab and i could keep driving fine. So i changed the throw out bearing, clutch disk and preassure plate. Assembled it all and now its like the clutch never engages. I can start the car in gear it dosent stall or jump just like its in nutral you can shift threw all gears without pushing in clutch. Ive had the tranny out 3 times trying to figyre it out need suggestions. The cluch id in correct flywheelside to flywheel side, what could it be??? Thanks in advance
i had my lsd tranny do this one time it wasnt the tranny my fly wheel started to come loose and i had to start it in gear and icould push the clutch in and it didnt do anything so i would check to see if the fly wheel is loose

kj 47

5+ Year Member
I torqued the flywheel down but ill check it agin, would the slave cause this problem or would the car jump when you start it?? Thanks

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I torqued the flywheel down but ill check it agin, would the slave cause this problem or would the car jump when you start it?? Thanks
If you had a problem with hydraulics with the slave cylinder, master cylinder, or any of the lines, then your clutch would not disengage. With no slave cylinder, the clutch is inherently engaged at all times.

Did you have your flywheel turned or replaced? If the flywheel clutch surface has been worn down too far, and the pressure plate surface has not been matched to height, then there will be too much clearance for the clutch disk. The pressure plate will never be able to hold the clutch down.