Clutch Problem!!! HELP!!

Armando C.

So i have a 97 CX (hatch if it matters), and i had a leaky clutch master cylinder which i literally just finished replacing a few minutes ago. i thought the pressure was restored in my clutch while bleeding it (i used the one man bleeder tool from autozone) so i starting cleaning up. when i go to drive it, the pedal sits lower than normal (which i hear usually happens) but it is very low, and the clutch does not dissengage (when i push the pedal down it won't go into gear) and there is quite a bit of play. i press it down to the floor and it still wont go into gear. but there is pressure after i get past the play in the pedal. should i continue to bleed it? this is my daily so i have to get this thing drivable by today!

Ive heard that the slave cylinder often goes out when you replace the master, but i literally jut replace this, would it go out that quick? i have the new slave cylinder, i just don't want to install it until this one goes out.

thanks in advance

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you have to adjust the slave cylinder, you know the pin that goes through the pedal. remove pin and spin the little bracket add if you were taking it off not a lot just maybe 4 or 5 turns put back in place and see how that feels just don't over due it

http://honda-tech.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49656&stc=1&d=1246046334

you can even take the backing nut lose and spin the rod with your hand and take the play out of the pedal

Last edited by a moderator:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you bench bleed the master cylinder itself before installing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Armando C.

thanks for the resposes. twisting the little fork looking part of the master fixed it. i was wondering why my clutch sat so low.

RonJ

Banned
The only required adjustment is clutch pedal height. Adjust the height as specified in the service manual. Otherwise, you risk clutch slippage or rapid clutch wear.