Clutch question?

CO-EM1

Hey guys, I need some help on some clutches. i have researched but it still hasnt narrowed it down for me. I want to boost my car but right now i need a clutch really bad. So if you guys can give me any options anything that you have done it will be much appreciated

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys, I need some help on some clutches. i have researched but it still hasnt narrowed it down for me. I want to boost my car but right now i need a clutch really bad. So if you guys can give me any options anything that you have done it will be much appreciated
what motor is it? how often do you drive the car? is it your daily driver or your weekend warrior?

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
ACT all the way. they have a wide range of options to choose from. imo and thats what i run.

CO-EM1

i'm sorry i forget haha. I have a 2000 civic si with bolt ons. vafc, intake, exhaust but i will eventually want to turbo it. i have a guy whos offering me a a exedy stage 1 with a 9 lbs fly wheel. I just want to know if it will handle boost i want something that I can get now that can also handle boost in the future. and with that being said, it is my daily driver

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
i'm sorry i forget haha. I have a 2000 civic si with bolt ons. vafc, intake, exhaust but i will eventually want to turbo it. i have a guy whos offering me a a exedy stage 1 with a 9 lbs fly wheel. I just want to know if it will handle boost i want something that I can get now that can also handle boost in the future. and with that being said, it is my daily driver
ive been tould not to have a light wieght flywheel while boosting...but that what ive been tould i really dont know if anybody that has a light wieght flywheel and is boost please correct me if im wrong

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
from what i have seen, light weight flywheels are typically run in all motor set-ups to allow easy rpm wind-up. with forced induction motors, its not as critical

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you dont want a lightened flywheel when boosting.. if anything get a 12lb flywheel... a 9lb for a boosted car is not a good idea. if its your daily driver and your going to be boosting it.. ACT stage 2 with a heavy duty pressure plate.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have a exedy clutch in both of my cars both are pretty good, if your making over 300whp i suggest get a stage 2 clutch

CO-EM1

ok so the exedy is out of the question. the guys was just telling me he gets like half off on exedy stuff. but i want something that good regardless the price, so that narrows it down to act or clutchcompetition so can you guys maybe narrow it down a little more? I honestly havent researched clutch competition. I have heard great things from everyone about act. I when it comes down to these clutches i still would like the cheapest one ha.

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
when i went to get my clutch set i wanted a competition, my tuner was returning all his competition clutch kits. This was due to them not releasing. now before you bash him, he did some number of clutch jobs in a month and 6 of them were competition. He had issues with all the competition stuff and none of the other stuff. just my personal experience.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
exedy is a good clutch some companies uses them for oem for their cars but i forgot which car company that is

CO-EM1

well i need something for turbo and i heard exedy stage 2 or watever arent that reliable so i was thinkin act stage 2 like the gentleman said previously