Clutch/tranny/bearing .. problem?!

zaidskii

I don't know whats going on but I was driving my civic and all of a sudden I couldn't engage any gears. My clutch pedal stuck to the floor and it stopped moving. I had it towed. I can't engage any gears, if I put it in 1st or any other gear and let off the clutch the car wont stall out. I have no idea what the problem could be.. some people are telling me it's probably the clutch, but wouldn't it stall out?

I'm confused,help would be appreciated or whatever.. need to get this fixed asap. Thanks.

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
Def sound slike the clutch.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This happened to me once. The axle was only in partially, and the splines at the very end, past the locking had engaged bit not the main splines. push the axle all the way in, drain the trans fluid and replace it as there's now pieces off metal floating in there.

zaidskii

hmm, thats weird.. so you think It's the axle? It kind of threw me off thinking It's the clutch because it gave me no signs of giving out.. then it just gave.

RonJ

Banned
hmm, thats weird.. so you think It's the axle? It kind of threw me off thinking It's the clutch because it gave me no signs of giving out.. then it just gave.
In gear, when you push the gas pedal, does the speedometer register increased speed even though you are not moving. If so, the axle popped out of the differential. If not, there's another problem (e.g., the clutch hydraulic system or clutch).

RonJ

Banned
Put the front end on stands and turn one front wheel first with the transmission in neutral and then in first gear. Do the drive belts turn with the transmission in first but not in neutral?