Clutch Woes

jayzz2

5+ Year Member
Hey. I have a 96 civic hatch with a 2000 SiR motor and drive train installed. I recently tried to downshift and go around a corner, when i pushed the clutch pedal in, it felt fine for a split sec, then went soft. I couldn't get it into 2nd gear, so i coasted almost to a stop. Then it went into gear, and i got home. Now when i try and start in 1st or reverse, the clutch doesn't engage smoothly, it causes the car to lurch. Any ideas what might have let go? Thanks!

t_mac

5+ Year Member
need a new clutch

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like a bad master cylinder...

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
maybe throw out bearing gone bad and won't engage...

4drRguy

5+ Year Member
its possible that its your throw bearing, but it sounds like what happen to me, i was on the feeway with a girl none the less in the car when i down shifted to pass a car when wham it wouldnt go in gear, any gear. i had to coast off the free way luckly i maded it off. car would start but go no where. later on found out that i needed a new clutch because one of the springs had poped out a tad causeing it not to go in gear. meh what can you do.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
even IF its your TOB, you mine as well replace the clutch if your down there in the tranny... if you dont have the money, but have the time.. just find out what the actual problem is and replace that part. but i would def. recommend that you replace the clutch, i did, i got a ACT stage 1 clutch/11 lb. flywheel and i like it.

jayzz2

5+ Year Member
Thanks everyone! That was my first time on this site, and am grateful for the help! I'm gonna take it to the mechanic and have them pull it apart and likely replace the whole clutch! Blah!!!