clutch

bigsteve285

5+ Year Member
ok so I was drinving to day and I smelled this nasty burning rubber which I think is my clutch I was wondering how much would a clutch be to replace

93civeeDX

5+ Year Member
cluches can be pricy.
the labors whats gunna kill you.
look up the procedure and do it yourself or a friend do it.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i bought a stage-2 act and a 7lb fidanza fly for just under $400 (came with a new throwout bearing, pilot bearing, and alignment tool) and cost me $160 to have it put in. you just gotta look around for the right deal.

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bad clutches don't smell like burnt rubber. It smells like burnt brake fluid.

But if it ends up being the clutch then be ready to spend like $90 to 150 on just the clutch(for stock) and like another $150 to 200 for labor depending on where you go.

I say learn how to do it yourself.

95civicvx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The actual clutch kit you can find for less than $100. If you do the work yourself you'll save alot of $$$$$$

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh and also if it is the clutch make sure to either replace the flywheel or have it resurfaced.

95 EJ Coupe

Do it yourself. You regret saving money and it's a great learning experience. I bought a clutch kit for my car if I remember right for 100$ and did it myself with the help of my dad.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do it yourself. You regret saving money and it's a great learning experience. I bought a clutch kit for my car if I remember right for 100$ and did it myself with the help of my dad.
doing it yourself is much easier on the pocket. i would have but had no time to do it. i just dropped the car off at a shop while i was at work.

badeddieb18

5+ Year Member
totally new to the honda game if you have a swap does it matter what kind of clutch you get?

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
totally new to the honda game if you have a swap does it matter what kind of clutch you get?
Damn you just straight kamakasi the OP's thread yo lol.

You will get the clutch for the motor that you have.
If you have a d series motor then you get a d series clutch and the same goes for b, f, h, k ect.

badeddieb18

5+ Year Member

If you have a d series motor then you get a d series clutch and the same goes for b, f, h, k ect.
kinda figured that but my boy said i had a stock clutch when the dude i bought it off said it had a stage 2 so idk but thanks lol

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

:rotflmfao: