Code 7 Detected, Now What???

civic_iqq

5+ Year Member
Yes, following the instructions of you guys (and thank you) found that the MIL flashes 7 times, the detail is when i turn off the engine and start it again, the damn code is gone! 2 days more and the MIL is on and again the cicle.

I know its TPS sensor by the code list that you gave me it's located in the throttle body and has three connectors, but now what, how can i fix it??

Thanks again. =)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
made sure it was plugged in well

checked for loose wires

checked to see WHEN it comes on partial throttle full trottle etc

any other issues? is the car driving oddly.. i mean it COULD just be a sensor going bad or something as simple as a loose wire..

civic_iqq

5+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
made sure it was plugged in well

checked for loose wires

checked to see WHEN it comes on partial throttle full trottle etc

any other issues? is the car driving oddly.. i mean it COULD just be a sensor going bad or something as simple as a loose wire..
Well, the car drives ok. only when the MIL is on the rpm drops a little than normal i can fell it the en engine shakes a little like +/- 550 rpm

look, the ligth only is on (when happens)when i am parking, never on the road.

anyway, first i'll do is make sure about the connections and lose wires, let you know

Thank you

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic_iqq said:
Well, the car drives ok. only when the MIL is on the rpm drops a little than normal i can fell it the en engine shakes a little like +/- 550 rpm

look, the ligth only is on (when happens)when i am parking, never on the road.

anyway, first i'll do is make sure about the connections and lose wires, let you know

Thank you
if everything is plugged in well then maybe someone can offer you some more specific information on trouble shooting it... but the sensor itself may just be bad?

civic_iqq

5+ Year Member
Problem Fixed

oc_civic said:
if everything is plugged in well then maybe someone can offer you some more specific information on trouble shooting it... but the sensor itself may just be bad?[/QUOTE

spent lot of time searching the problem finally found it :lol: as this car is rhd converted the wires were fit under de clutch pedal so when i pressed it hit the wire and time to time hit the metal in the wire so the car had the problem on iddle, see the wire position back the pedal!!

taped wire and away of the pedal = problem fixed. :P

Thank you for your help. ;)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good s**t man.. glad it worked out..