Code Alarm car alarm randomly chirping.

Clark_R

I've had this alarm in the car for probably over 7 years now. Never really had a problem till this year.

It's the CA-425 model.

Basically, it works just fine, most of the time, as it should. And what I think it is, is that perhaps the shock sensor has moved somehow, or is going bad. Because the car will do the 4 chirps as if someone bumps into it, or a loud truck or something goes next to it.

Is the shock sensor built into the alarm module or is it a separate unit that I should try and find?

Any help with this would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A brief Google search came up with the alarm's manual. Perhaps itll help you...
http://www.carfixin.com/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=&page_no=16

My guess is that one of your sensors is going bad or needs adjustment. Try adjusting the sensor sensitivity if you havent already.

Clark_R

Yea, I found the PDF manual last night and was messing around with it.
I decreased the shock sensor sensitivity it seems, but that didn't cure the problem.

If I have the unit just hanging there, or laying flat on a box on my floorboard, it never chirps. It's only when I push it up under the dash wiring. So I'm thinking it also might be the angle?

But then again it's never had the problem in all the years I've had it, till this last year. And since Circuit City isn't around anymore, I can't take it to them, so whatever, lol.

Got mad, super mad last night, since it was making noise, making people annoyed, which made me even more upset. So I finally did what I've managed not to do to it in the last 10 years. I hit it. Left a dent at the top corner of the passenger side windshield. *sigh* So I'm going to have to try and push that out today. FML.

KleinMein

hi
I dont know if it's the same thing. I have a clifford alarm with shock sensor.
I m not sure if the angle affects the sensor but it is affected by metal pieces. That means that if a metal piece is near it, there is a problem and keeps beeping. I have the shock sensor mounted in the center console, just under the handbrake. If I forget my cigarette lighter, or my home keys on the console, it beeps all the time.
Now under the dash where you have it, it may be affected by the harness, some metal plugs, some metal dash brackets, or something else I dont know. Try to remount it under the handbrake and test it. If you have lowered the sensitivity,adjust it again.
It's also affected by a strong wind. just keep that in mind

hope it helps