Code: p1162

honda_mafia96

5+ Year Member
today i finally got around to scanning my check engine light and code P1162 came up if anybody knows wat this means please let me kno thanks :D

ive looked on here and on my chilton book for this and havent found it

RonJ

Banned
You have a problem in the primary O2 sensor circuit. Reset the ECU to see whether the code repeats.

honda_mafia96

5+ Year Member
i did reset the ecu an the light went away for about 5mins then i drove it out my garage and the light came back on. is there away i can fix it an it wont come back on> if so please let me kno guys

Young gunna

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had that code pop up before when i scanned my engine. did it just randomly come on or were you doing any engine work recently? cause with mine i accidently unplugged a hose from the back of my engine while changing the oil.

honda_mafia96

5+ Year Member
well i just got my tranny replaced so its a possbility.. ill check it out and get bak to u guys thanks for the info

RonJ

Banned
i did reset the ecu an the light went away for about 5mins then i drove it out my garage and the light came back on. is there away i can fix it an it wont come back on> if so please let me kno guys
The possibilities range from a bad O2 sensor or bad sensor wire to a bad ECU. You would need to do a series of electrical tests to pinpoint the problem.