Code P1300, P1399 and Misfire on all Cylinders.

Addikt

Hey everyone, whats up? I am in need of a second opinion!

I have a 1997 Civic DX (D16y7). Stock except exhaust.

Throwing code P1300 and P1399.

I just put a new distributor in it, recent COMPLETE tune up. Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor...

What it will do is run perfectly, and then lose all power, and then it will resume perfect power, and lose it all again. It does this at idle, and driving. Cold or Warm.

I am assuming it is this Crank Position Sensor, because everything else is new or very recent.

Opinions?

Thanks ahead!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Was it doing this before u changed the dizzy and other parts?

If so i would agree it could be your CAS

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Addikt

Yes it was. It started at random one day, and started progressively getting worse. It just sucks that all of this is going out at the same time..I just spent $205.99 on the distributor.

I seen somewhere that there is a bypass trick for it. Is it worth doing or should I do it the OEM way?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
And you're 100% SURE you have the plugs in the correct firing order and timing set right?

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
OP does it bog down under acceleration, cruising, or both? Did you set the timing with a timing light after installing the dizzy?

And what are you talking about bypassing?

Addikt

Yes timing was set with light! Forget about the bypassing idea.

Yes the firing order is correct, I double checked it when I re-assembled everything. Besides, when it wants to run right you can hardly hear it running!

Sometimes it will idle smooth, sometimes it acts like it will hardly run.

Sometimes under acceleration it has plenty of power, and then other times it has NO power.

This issue is very much so intermittent. It comes and goes, frequently.

In example. If I hit the gas 10 times, it may take off five times perfectly, and the other five it has zero power.

Then in another case, I will hit this gas, and eight out of ten times it won't have power, and two times it will.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Sounds like a bad dizzy, although its already been replaced and resulted in no change, correct? Did you replace the dizzy as an assembly with the ignition coil too?

Addikt

Sounds like a bad dizzy, although its already been replaced and resulted in no change, correct? Did you replace the dizzy as an assembly with the ignition coil too?
Yes it is a completely new dizzy.

I even ohmed the coil out and it was right at 16K. The highest most bestest it could be! This problem existed before the new dizzy, so it must be another component.

I'm thinking it's the CAS. It almost wouldn't climb a hill yesterday, but it won't die!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Is there any way for you to clear the codes and then look at the freeze frame when they return?