Coil Over and Skunk2 Gas Shock probelm ((help asap thanks))

Civic_Type_Si

5+ Year Member
have my si slamed on weapon R Coilover and stock gas shocks, bouncying around all day. Just bought brand new skunk2 sport gas shocks and i have to rise the car from the 8th ring to the 12th ring which looks stock for the gas shocks to even work a little. Why is that do i need to cut the bumpstop inhalf or wat help asap thanks

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ummm dont cut the bump stops at all......and what exactly is your problem.....

Civic_Type_Si

5+ Year Member
while haveing the car that low the shock is to compressed and has no travel at all, i thought if i cut 80% of the bumpstop the shock would have more travel and the car will have a better ride quality

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you almost always have to cut the bump stops with sleeves.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why dont u just get he skunk2 coilovers? they're only 100 something and im pretty sure u dont have to cut the bump stopper .

If your worried about ride quality then raise it a little cause buttoming out isnt very nice.

TypeSwede

Swedish Pancakes!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it is a good idea with sleeves to always cut the bump stop in half. it is recommended in the GC install guide.

CBR_3:16

1 God, 1 Life, 1 Race
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it is a good idea with sleeves to always cut the bump stop in half. it is recommended in the GC install guide.
Cutting your skunk2 bumpstop will voild your warranty. Skunk2 shocks have a SHORTER shock body, so it will not travel/dampen as much as agx or illuminas.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cutting your skunk2 bumpstop will voild your warranty. Skunk2 shocks have a SHORTER shock body, so it will not travel/dampen as much as agx or illuminas.
good luck on not cutting your bump stops bro, if your looking to slam your ride 2inchs+ cutting the bump stops is a have to, not a choice. You'll be hitting your bump stops like crazy going cover bumps, potholes, and cracks. Either way sk2 will not cover your shocks since you'll be lowering your ride more than 2.5inches. As for sk2 actually voiding your warranty just by cutting your bump stops hasn't been proven.