Coilover concern

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm in the market to buy some suspension and deal came up locally that seems a little too good? The coilovers are Skunk2 Pro Street's and they're used... they have approximately 40-50k on them (what he says) but they look pretty beat up. I'm asking for any information anyone can give me in terms of what to look for; and roughly how much something like this would go for.

Any information is helpful, thanks in advance.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wouldn't buy them for $1....

One of the front struts looks like its blown. There's grease/grime all over it. The sleeves are all jacked up. Couple of the springs look like they aren't straight. Seller can't even take a minute to clean them up to sell...wonder how they were treated on his car... Well, judging by the condition I'd say pretty piss poor.

Look for something else.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I wouldn't buy them for $1....

One of the front struts looks like its blown. There's grease/grime all over it. The sleeves are all jacked up. Couple of the springs look like they aren't straight. Seller can't even take a minute to clean them up to sell...wonder how they were treated on his car... Well, judging by the condition I'd say pretty piss poor.

Look for something else.
That is basically what I assumed, but I don't know much about suspension. Thanks for the quick response and info man.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they look like they came off a wrecked car...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good lord, steer way clear of these man, seriously they look horrible,no better yet they look f**king beattttttttt

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
One of the front struts looks like its blown. There's grease/grime all over it. The sleeves are all jacked up. Couple of the springs look like they aren't straight.
Literally exactly what I was going to say.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol thanks fella's, that's why I ask... like I said I'm not to knowledgeable of suspension but knew I could get some help here.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you ever wonder why this guy is selling these??? Probably cuz he thought they were no good anymore.

I always say NEVER buy a used suspension system. they are not worth it and you never know how the owner wared them down. Don't forget, when you have to hit the breaks hard to avoid collision for example, the suspension is going to have to save your life. Don't be cheap and buy new s**t.