Coilover Decision

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright so i'm going to replace my stock suspension with some coilovers (long overdue) and i've narrowed it down to these two but can't decide. I've narrowed it down to either blox coilovers (http://www.robearracing.com/pd-blox-coilovers-civicintegra.cfm) or function and form type 1's (http://www.robearracing.com/pd-function-form-type-1-full-coilovers-civic-92-95-exdxsi.cfm). I would get type 2's but i can't afford them, so in my budget these are about what i can afford. Which ones do you guys think are better? Or are there any others you'd recommend that are 630 or under?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah function form type 1 is a good choice. Better than blox..

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah function form type 1 is a good choice. Better than blox..
thats what i was thinking. i really haven't heard anything about blox's coilovers at all, the only thing that really interests me that they sell would be their lugs or their lca's maybe..

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would get the Function & Forms. I've got the type ones and I love them.

ReGGaeKiinG

5+ Year Member
Alright so i'm going to replace my stock suspension with some coilovers (long overdue) and i've narrowed it down to these two but can't decide. I've narrowed it down to either blox coilovers (http://www.robearracing.com/pd-blox-coilovers-civicintegra.cfm) or function and form type 1's (http://www.robearracing.com/pd-function-form-type-1-full-coilovers-civic-92-95-exdxsi.cfm). I would get type 2's but i can't afford them, so in my budget these are about what i can afford. Which ones do you guys think are better? Or are there any others you'd recommend that are 630 or under?
F&F Type I 's . Deff the better choicee. Im getting them soon.

I would get the Function & Forms. I've got the type ones and I love them.
How lowered is your car & hows the ride quality? Heard its kinda like riding stock with full coilovers since its lowered from the bottem mount , which means it retains full stock travel at any height.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thats what i was thinking. i really haven't heard anything about blox's coilovers at all, the only thing that really interests me that they sell would be their lugs or their lca's maybe..
LCAs have terrible bushings and lug nuts aren't locking so chances are they will get stolen along with your wheels...

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'll go with function and form over the blox suspension

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just ordered my function and form type ones, along with function and form black lca's from mengmotorsports tonight :D

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
F&f might be better than Blox but that's not saying
much since Blox is junk too. don't get anything Blox.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have blox adjustable end links :what:. They work perfectly fine and do what I need for my DD. I've never bothered trying to "tune" them because I don't need it.

I think you'll love F&F Type I's. My friend has them on his prelude. But he lowered them as far as they go and it's not really "dumped". Doesn't go too crazy low.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when u get them, be sure to save 200 or so for corner balancing. Everyone seems to over look the importance of this and should be done upon install.

I would have them balanced with you in the seat so its set on all 4 sides.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn 200 for corner balance? thats expensive isnt it? I know a local shop that does it for 160 . appointment only for corner balancing though. which isnt a bad thing.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think you'll love F&F Type I's. My friend has them on his prelude. But he lowered them as far as they go and it's not really "dumped". Doesn't go too crazy low.
thanks, i hope i like em. i dont want to dump it to the ground so i should be good.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn 200 for corner balance? thats expensive isnt it? I know a local shop that does it for 160 . appointment only for corner balancing though. which isnt a bad thing.
well, i was aiming on the high side incase some shops are higher in price, then whoever reads this might catch a break when they go and do theirs. savings!