coilover install write up?

HatchmanEJ6

Mmmonocle smile!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are they basically the same? Can I just use the skunk 2 coilover writeup under the how to section as reference? just picked up some FnF type 1's for my hatch and am just looking for so more info on the install so it goes as smooth as possible. And no, im not gonna slam it so it looked like my car is bow legged :lol:. thanks fellas

98ej7HX

Poor College Kid
It's actually really easy. I too have FnF, I found that the writeups/tuts weren't even really that useful. Once you get in there it really is super straight forward. Only thing I can suggest is, when taking the oem shocks out, the only way I found to get the rear ones out without unbolting your LCA was to unbolt the factory camber arm, if you will and step on the control arm as you take out the shock. putting the new ones in, you won't have the same issue because they are significantly shorter. There are some wriiteups out there though if you really want, just use google.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
98ej7HX said it perfectly. Coilovers are real easy to put in. And one set of directions, are pretty much universal.

Post some pics if you can. It always helps with pics. Good luck!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The first one will take u about an hour then the rest of the car will take u about 45 minutes lol.

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
If it's an older car, and since your name says ej6 I'll assume it is, pick up a can of pb blaster. Before you get started soak all the bolts/nuts. While it may not be required depending on rust, corrosion, dirt, grime or what ever it will make your life a lot easier. Don't forget the beer. They won't go on right without beer lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2