Coilovers, need advice!

Andres_00

Am looking to get some coilovers for my 97 coupe, i need advice on which ones are good?

Some people said:

Ksport?
Skunk2?
Tein?

What do you guys think?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well I have Tein Super Street and really like them. I havent really heard anything negitive about them. Most people seem to like them a lot =)

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
progress technology especially on the east coast are roads are f'ed up and the weather is harsh .

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Am looking to get some coilovers for my 97 coupe, i need advice on which ones are good?

Some people said:

Ksport?
Skunk2?
Tein?

What do you guys think?
We need a little more info. What's your budget? What do you want to get out of your suspension(ie: comfortable and street only, track((autox, drag, road course)), slammed, moderate drop, etc)?

As for the ones mentioned...
KSport- I'd personally never recommend them to anyone. The company has yet to prove itself anywhere in true motorsports racing. But, you'll find a lot of people on this forum like them..
Skunk2: Good company, however their shocks probably aren't ideal for anyone looking for a comfortable ride. If you want slammed, they work well, but they will have a harsh ride.
Tein: Depends on which coilover you get from them. In general, the company is good but as far as any serious performance, they aren't great. Decent for the street though.

Andres_00

We need a little more info. What's your budget? What do you want to get out of your suspension(ie: comfortable and street only, track((autox, drag, road course)), slammed, moderate drop, etc)?

As for the ones mentioned...
KSport- I'd personally never recommend them to anyone. The company has yet to prove itself anywhere in true motorsports racing. But, you'll find a lot of people on this forum like them..
Skunk2: Good company, however their shocks probably aren't ideal for anyone looking for a comfortable ride. If you want slammed, they work well, but they will have a harsh ride.
Tein: Depends on which coilover you get from them. In general, the company is good but as far as any serious performance, they aren't great. Decent for the street though.

Well between $700-$800. I would prefer street and comfortable, as long has it rides good i woulnt mind if its a little rough. And whats the difference between slammed and moderate drop? ( Am new to this, lol )!

jordan00711

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
PIC Selects. You Can find them around 850ish I believe. A little over your budget but its close... :what:

sleep3

I
Sorry, I was quoted for the DA / EF chassis coilovers, they are slightly more for the EJ8 chassis
i think around 1100$

Andres_00

Thats how much the TEIN SS are, jdm gave me prices for the TEIN and SKUNK2!

TEIN $750.
Skunk2 $650.

So i dont know, i think ama just get the tein coilovers.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Buy a set of D2's fully adjustable ride height and dampening for 900$ cdn

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/d2-racing/

Sk2's coil-overs arent up too par (from what ive heard)
and Teins are slick, but over priced!

The D2's (from what ive been told) are comparable to the Tein Mono flex (retailing around 2000$)
D2 is far from better than Skunk2 and Tein. I would never buy D2 products or recommened them...

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
progress is $560 shipped and if your new at this your going to need more then just coils what about allighnment parts ? and $750 for tein what basics ?