coilovers??

gotcivic

5+ Year Member
i wanna change my suspension, now i thought of using tein springs with KYB, AGX shocks, now some told that i should use coilovers, now which one's better coilovers or the first one i said?? my car is a 95 and is for daily drive, and to get wild on weekends!!

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well...its more or less preference....i have coil overs and i like them cuz i can slam it in the summer and raise it back up in the winter so im not the town snow plow

weksos

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for daily driving, TEIN Basics, or Ground Control coilovers are probably the best quality for the money.

gotcivic

5+ Year Member
so if i go with coilovers, will i need that camber kit. also will i need them if i use an aftermarket springs and shocks( not coilovers)? or the camber kit is use for coilovers only?

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you will need a coilover kit, new struts, and a camber kit to fix the in and out lean of you wheel, i suggest you do sum research before you jump into lowering your car

gotcivic

5+ Year Member
well actually i wanna lower my car but not that much that's why i didnt know if i wanna use coilovers or the other option, i do wanna lower my car but just enough to make comfortable and at the same time to be nice with my pocket!!

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any change in highth of the suspension, you'll need a camber kit to fix the camber (in/out adjustment of the tire). But, using coilovers or lowering springs won't really make the ride "bouncy". Your struts will control that; you can use your stock ones but, you'll blow them out quickly. Also, any change to the suspension will require your car a realignment.

bboygreddy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get tein s-techs and kyb agx. about 2" drop or less and call it a day. u really dont even have to get a camber kit with that =P coilovers r expensive and if ure not looking for performance aspects then dont worry about it.

chunky

'94 hatch Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have tein flex coilovers on my can and i absolutely love them

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chunky said:
i have tein flex coilovers on my can and i absolutely love them
ya thats a good choice too. wish i could afford them for my EP. its like 1600 bucks though.

chunky

'94 hatch Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
save up, you won't be happy with anything less than what you want

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
gotcivic said:
i wanna change my suspension, now i thought of using tein springs with KYB, AGX shocks, now some told that i should use coilovers, now which one's better coilovers or the first one i said?? my car is a 95 and is for daily drive, and to get wild on weekends!!
I have a set of brand new condition skunk coilover sprint kit for civic's 88-00. Let me know if your interested.

gotcivic

5+ Year Member
so i guess choosing between coilovers and regulars springs and shocks is a matter of a personal opinion, i guess it all depends on how much u wanna invest in your car!! right??

JDM'sLover

5+ Year Member
I'm selling my BUDDY CLUB N+ SPEC FOR 850 SHIPPED, its basically brand new, cuz i only have it for 4 weeks. It's a lil stiff but your mom wont complains, thats a good thing. I'm getting a BMW for my graduation, so im parting out my car and selling my car. If you want it let me know. I still have the receit and orginial box for it.

gotcivic

5+ Year Member
JDM'sLover said:
I'm selling my BUDDY CLUB N+ SPEC FOR 850 SHIPPED, its basically brand new, cuz i only have it for 4 weeks. It's a lil stiff but your mom wont complains, thats a good thing. I'm getting a BMW for my graduation, so im parting out my car and selling my car. If you want it let me know. I still have the receit and orginial box for it.
your parting out your car!!! year and model????