Coilovers

Daniel Aguirre

Hello Civic community. I'm in the market for coilovers and I wanted some info or suggestions y'all might have. My civic is a DD sitting on lowering springs and thought about upgrading my suspension. Not trying to slam my car but going for an aggressive type look. What brand should I be looking into ? budget wise I'm between $500-800 range. Any input would be helpful thanks!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you done any research yet? The topic has been covered many times.

Daniel Aguirre

Have you done any research yet? The topic has been covered I understand that the topic has been covered many times.
Yes I have done my research. Been asked to get brands from Blackworks, Megans, Function & Form all are have mixed reviews. One shop actually recommended to get Blackworks Coils but I wanted feedback on ppl experience with coils.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ah, good. Well, F&F tend to have good reviews from my experience, but I would suggest looking into Tein coilovers as well. Theyre of great quality and ride comfort for the price and fall within your budget.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Everyone has a different review/feel about it when it comes to coilovers. So my one suggestion is making sure you get full bodied coilovers (shock, spring, and coilover all together). I say this because personally I've never had a good combination of aftermarket shocks with sleeves (or ever rode on any decent ones from my buddies).
I'm more into the slammed scene myself, but good (and affordable) coilovers that don't fully slam your car are: BlackWorks, Tein (don't go very low but good quality), Megan, F&F (mixed reviews on these, I'd still trust them personally), Ksport, Godspeed, D2 (I own a pair of "Super Lows", but the RS version is good too), BC (a bit spendy but great quality), and some other brands I can't quite remember.

Daniel Aguirre

Ah, good. Well, F&F tend to have good reviews from my experience, but I would suggest looking into Tein coilovers as well. Theyre of great quality and ride comfort for the price and fall within your budget.
Thanks for your info Hex. I found a set of Tein Street Basis Coils are they any good

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member