Cold Air Intake mod without a exhaust mod

Hondan.

5+ Year Member
What are the results of having a cold air intake without after market exhaust system?

//edited
More specific for a D17A SOHC VTEC - I added CAI, it has on the stock 4-1 exhaust system with 2" piping.

Last edited:

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nothing.

it wont do any damage. it wont help you any in terms of power. it will just make the engine bay louder.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So would you suggest that I get an after market exhaust manifold and run a 2.5' piping?
you could do that.... but im not allowed to make suggestions. its your car... not mine. i cant tell you what to do.

EM1FTW

5+ Year Member
the intake wont do much without a free flowing exhaust, it will just make the car sound cool.

if you are pulling in extra air, you have to be able to get rid of it too.

Reddharlemx

DoMo BoY!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nothin iv saw plenty of cars wit dat like i got an 04 tahoe, intake, stock exaust

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so just get a cat back and call it a day.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Get an intake, 4-2-1 header, and a 2.25" exhaust and you should be fine.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow people really? OP, please try to use the search button or google. Try this website, tprmag.com. Has actual dynographs of installed intakes and exhaust systems, but note that they're likely not from your specivic engine so they don't necessarily correlate. I would suggest that you could use this to atleast make an educated decision on these types of parts.

Hondan.

5+ Year Member
I currently have on the stock 4-1 exhaust system which come with a 2" exhaust piping.

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why dont you just save that money and go for Nos or Boost? If your going for looks/sound then thats great. But otherwise you get nothing.

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
that's sexy i still don't know what kind of itb those are but i bet u they are off a cbr