cold air intake on d16y7 how much hp????

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pretty much zero. nothing noticable

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
none

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont get cold are just get short ram.

getting hydrolock is no fun.

iBeast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i couldnt notice anything on my y7 its pretty much just for looks in a d series lol.

RFLcivic98

EJ
5+ Year Member
yeah i put a short ram intake on my d16y8 and it didnt do anything at all, just sounded a little different lol. now i have a cold air intake : )

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
my advice: leave it stock because its doing the same exact thing. just buy a 40 dollar k&n filter and call it a day..

xelloss

5+ Year Member
trust me...if you don't have any other heavier mod, and just the the cold air intake...it won't give anything to your car but louder intake sound, and your car will even launch slower....
rather get a K&N high flow replacement filter is the way to go...

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i remember the d series days. . . .

with no other mods your cold air intake would give you maybe 3hp. if you want a some what noticable gain, save up and buy a y8 head

_Ben_W

5+ Year Member
Buy an y8 intake mani, swap it out and free up a little more flow, then buy an intake. Unless you just want to do the mini me like suggested.

guachi

5+ Year Member
cold air wont get you much gains on a D-series engine... you will barely notice it, id rather use the money to buy a cat back exhaust and headers...

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wouldn't worry about getting a i/h/e unless you have headwork (ported, cams, valves etc.), and/or internals (pistons, crank, rods), and/or forced induction (turbo, s/c) done to your D. stock D's don't respond to mods like i/h/e very well, and if you are rollin with a stock D, you're wasting your money. i know from experience dude