cold air or short ram intake?

hondax2004

5+ Year Member
is it worth getting either one of these, without haveing an exhaust? which one is better, and i should get

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
either is fine and either you one you will see results from even if you don't have an exhaust

sicksquishey37

5+ Year Member
without gettin an exhaust you will run lean but i think that injen just because i have one nothing against aem though

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You won't run lean. Your ECU will compensate for the extra air.........

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
without gettin an exhaust you will run lean but i think that injen just because i have one nothing against aem though
:rolf:. That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. I have an intake with no exhaust that I've been using for over 2 years.

Doesn't matter which one you get. You hardly gain any power from either. You're better off with an eBay intake and an AEM Dry Flow filter if you want aftermarket. You're just paying for the brand name.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
:beer: after reading these threads...lol

An intake is an intake is an intake...they are all basically the same thing. There are only a few exceptions, but I won't go into that because you will never buy them.

genobee

5+ Year Member
On a stock ex motor your not gonna feel that much of a difference. You could get a eBay intake that does the same thing. save up for a chipped ecu or something like that.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Unless you get a cold air, a short ram will really do more damage then help. This proves especially true for such a weak car like a Civic. If we are talking something more powerful like a K series, then the response to a CAI or even a V2 would be greater. If you are afraid of hydrolock, then don't bother with anything besides a K&N drop in air filter in your stock airbox.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Unless you get a cold air, a short ram will really do more damage then help. This proves especially true for such a weak car like a Civic. If we are talking something more powerful like a K series, then the response to a CAI or even a V2 would be greater. If you are afraid of hydrolock, then don't bother with anything besides a K&N drop in air filter in your stock airbox.
not much difference between the 2
dont really see how a short ram would hurt seenin as the stock one is somewhat a short ram

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I am pretty sure your car runs on a carburetor. I would just upgrade to a Holley and you will be set straight.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
threads like these make me want to gouge my eyes out...
dank is right though.