cold start solenoid??

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey, i have a jdm d15b in a 92 ex sedan, the problem is that when i try to start it first thing in the morning it starts and sputters and dies, then it will start, sputter a bit and idle between 2500 and 3000 rpm. once its warm it goes down. the problem is though, when its sputtering there is smoke coming from under the hood and it smells really gassy. i dont know if civics even have a cold start setup but i was thinking it could be that or possibly a leaking injector. its only the first start of the day any ideas?

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bump

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My only idea is that theres either a leaking injector, or for some reason, its dumping in too much fuel/running rich, and its flooding itself trying to start up.

..I wanna be part of "Team 4 Door" :D

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so put it in your sig...
i was thinking leaky injector myself but if anyone else has had this problem, enlighten me.

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey man sorry I did not see this when you first posted it, but yes, it is the coldstart injector. I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to figure out if you gotta replace it or if there's a quick fix, but no one seems to know anythingthe cold start injector, sometimes called the cold start valve, sprays fuel into the engine when you first start the car until it warms up and can pump it's own fuel.