Complete New Speakers

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not sure how many people have replaced the 6x9's in the back of a sixth gen coupe but it is a b***h. Completely removed the backseats, the interior panels, and the top deck. I'm a little nervous about putting everything back in and something not being back the way it was or something breaking. Any tips on how to save me money by not breaking anything? Best buy wanted $80 to install the rear speakers, me being 16 with not alot of money got out the craftsman toolbox and starting taking everything out, saved the easy work for my dad to teach me how to wire the speakers, amp, subs, and head unit.

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what are you neverous about? Taking everything out is the worst part thinking you might break it. Everything should go back exactly how you took it out. Civics are easy to take apart. I put 5 1/2 speakers in my friends saturn and that was alot harder since i had to take most of the rear trim out.

If you run into any problems while putting the stuff back in then you should take pics and post. GL!!!!

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Took all my old speakers out except the front tweeters. My passenger side door speaker wasn't even wired, I took it out before my driver side so i wasn't completely sure anything was wrong, but I can't find the stock wiring bracket anywhere. Will I need to remove my entire door panel?

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did you drop it into the door? If you cant see it you may have to remove the door panel to access it.

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got both door speakers wired, right now have the head unit out and mounting the new one in the sub-dash. Should be all finished by this time tomorrow, Honda just went all out on replacing a head unit and rear speakers, had to completely remove the lower dash to get to the stereo.

EXSpeedAddict

POWERTHIRST!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To replace the 6x9s all you had to do was fold the seatback down and remove the rear deck cover...you just made you life more difficult by removing the seats, unless you were running wire for an amp as well.

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The interior panels were covering the sides of the rear deck. It doesn't matter now anyways, speakers, head unit, amp, and subs are wired and bumping now. Hmmm lowering springs with shocks or exhaust system, that is the question.