completely out of ides help

1slowegD1z6

5+ Year Member
i have a 93 eg hatch with a d16z6 in it. and ever since i bought the car i have to fether the gas to start it. EVERY SINGLE TIME I START THE CAR. It doesnt matter whether its hot or cold outside you always have to play with the gas and it will spit and spudder then smooth out and stay running on its own. And every now and then if im crusing real low rpms and give it gas it will like dead miss at a certain spot in the throttle. I think its not holding fuel pressure for the car to start, but im not really sure. like i can pull the fuel rail and pop and injector out and it just kinda dribbles out. so i am out of ideas

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do a tune up(change spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, change fuel filter) and check your tps signal. it should be .5 at idle and 4.5-5 volts at WOT.

1slowegD1z6

5+ Year Member
ok well now im in trouble. cause i have done a complete tune up plugs wirs dist. cap and rotor button. and the car is still kinda difficult to start. i dont have anything to test my tps with, but i changed it when i came across another intake manifold. so i dont know wht to do it really gets on my nerves having to play with the gas pedal everytime i start it.

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did u swap the tps sensor as well??? or just put the throttle body on? do you have cels? also check to make sure the map sensor connector and the tps sensor connector are not switched. they look the same.

get a multimeter and test the signal wire from the tps sensor.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
replace the fuel filter and if that doesn't fix it replace the fuel pump.

If you have done everything else in a tune up I would suspect you have a fuel problem.

You can also put a gauge on the fuel line to see how much psi you are getting to the rail. You can also clean your injector tips with some wd40

jdm jim

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does it act like its flooded when u start it ? i liked your fuel injector idea

1slowegD1z6

5+ Year Member
yea i put a diff tps and a new map sensor, i can run the car then shut it off and pull the rail and pop out an injector and the gas just like dripples out it doesnt have any pressure. Yesturday it got down in the teens outside and i went to start my car and it just turned over and wouldnt start. How do i get my rear seats out to get to my fuel pump cause ive looked and cant find the bolts for them and none of the honda guys around here seem to have an anwser for me on how to get them out. i also replaced the fuel filter about 5 or 6 months ago when i got the car and it didnt do much. by chance does anyone have a fuel pump cause i cant afford one right now

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
by chance does anyone have a fuel pump cause i cant afford one right now
Just head to the nearest junkyard and pocket one. They are usually in good conditions. You can get them from any civic or da.

To take your seats out just stick your hand through the split where the top section and the bottom meet where you put the seat belt strap through and just lift the seat up.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
eh i think there are a couple of 10mm bolts holding the seat in actually, it maybe 1, been a while since i f**ked with a eg, but mash the part where u sit down ,in the crack between the top and bottoms seats you should see a lil bolt , take it out and the seat just has a couple of clip like things in the front , just yank it out

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i put a diff tps and a new map sensor, i can run the car then shut it off and pull the rail and pop out an injector and the gas just like dripples out it doesnt have any pressure. Yesturday it got down in the teens outside and i went to start my car and it just turned over and wouldnt start. How do i get my rear seats out to get to my fuel pump cause ive looked and cant find the bolts for them and none of the honda guys around here seem to have an anwser for me on how to get them out. i also replaced the fuel filter about 5 or 6 months ago when i got the car and it didnt do much. by chance does anyone have a fuel pump cause i cant afford one right now
Pull the rail out, hold it in a bucket. Have someone start the car, see if gas is coming out. Usually hard to tell if there is a interment problem in an injector. I would clean them and put a fuel pressure gauge on and see what PSI you are getting. Also change the fuel filter if you haven't.

Add 1/3 seafoam in the gas tank. This will clean anything in the fuel system. Add the rest in the brake booster vacuum hose. The car should shut off eventually doing this. Let it set for 15-30mins. Crank the car up and get it running. This will cause the car to smoke for awhile until it burns all the seafoam out. Most likely it will burn your o2 sensor out running this way, but it will clean out the fuel system, the top of the pistons and the head pretty well.

Google seafoam and find out yourself. Some people put it in the crank case, but I wouldn't.

1slowegD1z6

5+ Year Member
ok guys i just put a new fuel pump, and fuel filter on the car and it still sputters a lil and is kinda hard to start still. so now here is the list of what i have done trying to fix it, i would really apprciate the help. i have replaced plugs,plug wires,fuel filter, fuel pump, map sensor, diff. throttle body with the tps,diff computer,fuel pressure regulator,distributor cap and rotor button. i think thats it so far. any input you guys could give me would be very helpful. thanks

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok guys i just put a new fuel pump, and fuel filter on the car and it still sputters a lil and is kinda hard to start still. so now here is the list of what i have done trying to fix it, i would really apprciate the help. i have replaced plugs,plug wires,fuel filter, fuel pump, map sensor, diff. throttle body with the tps,diff computer,fuel pressure regulator,distributor cap and rotor button. i think thats it so far. any input you guys could give me would be very helpful. thanks
you changed the tps like just took the old one out put new one in? if so you HAVE to adjust it. get a multimeter and check the voltage on the signal wire when throttle is closed and when throttle is opened all the way.

1slowegD1z6

5+ Year Member
no i didnt take it off the throttle body i put the hole throttle body on there off another car that had a tps on it. all i had to do was bolt the throttle body on and plug up that tps

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
switch the map sensor and tps sensor connectors and see if it changes anything? if they arent right itl run like crap.

have you checked your ignition timing as well?

1slowegD1z6

5+ Year Member
i know the map and tps are right cause i switched them to make sure. i guess i will have to check the timing. if that is right where should i go from there.

1slowegD1z6

5+ Year Member
the injector clips are right. i still havent had time to check the timing. but im really hoping that is what it is

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
also check the cam timing set the motor to tdc by hand. take out spark plugs before doing this because its much easier. then look at the cam gear and it should say up on it. you can also check by wiggling up and down gently on the rocker arm of cyl 1. it should have play in it. tho its not accurate this way it tells you cyl1 is at tdc.