Compression & Nitrous...

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm currently working on a fully built N/A b18c1. My question is how high of a cr is safe to run a 75 shot? I'm planning on running 12:1-12.5: & e85 if that makes a difference. Is that cr too high?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm currently working on a fully built N/A b18c1. My question is how high of a cr is safe to run a 75 shot? I'm planning on running 12:1-12.5: & e85 if that makes a difference. Is that cr too high?
compression makes no difference on the size of the shot you can use.
it all depends on if the fuel/ nitrous mix is correct (pretty much how well its tuned) to keep bad stuff from happening.

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wouldn't say compression doesnt matter. There is a point where stuff breaks under to much nitrous. Good tune is best thing for it. Are you going direct port nitrous? Or fogger?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wouldn't say compression doesnt matter. There is a point where stuff breaks under to much nitrous. Good tune is best thing for it. Are you going direct port nitrous? Or fogger?
well, then it breaks from the nitrous... not the compression.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Direct port since i'm going to be running itbs

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
81.5mm high comp pistons, eagle rods, acl race bearing, ported/polished head, stage 3 cams unsure of brand yet, twm 52mm itbs, 1000cc injectors, walbro fuel pump, race header, and 3" exhaust

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the 1000cc's arent for the nitrous, they are for the higher flow rate of e85

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since you are doing a full build, just make sure the rings are quality, and are gapped to a spec for nitrous (i forgot if its looser or tighter for nitrous) and i say you can run a 125 shot possibly more without problem, giving that the nitrous system you have can support that aka correct ammount of N20 and fuel... and the tune must be good as well.

just my knowledge from researching nitrous for my car.