connected my speakers,no sound....

Feli

5+ Year Member
i just bought sum speakers n put em in the front doors & wen i connected them n truned the radio on no sound comes out....my uncle said that the wires arent connected to the radio?? i need help

93Civic-Ex

**Rockin' The EJ**
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its hard to tell without looking because it could be numerous things. What type of radio and did you run new wire or using factory wires?

Feli

5+ Year Member
s**t i had 2 cut off the stock tips off the wires & put the new ones that came wit the speakers,but idk wutz wrong,i think its da wires cuz n4 it had sum lil ass speakers n dey wudnt work either

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get a multimeter and troubleshoot the wires. but pics would help too

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Listen to your uncle. You should have checked the wires connected to the deck before you even posted this. Did you just expect to hook up speakers to wires in the door and not know if they are actually connected on the other end? Your first sign should have been that the original speakers weren't working and now the new ones aren't.

Make sure the wires are connected on both ends and then come back when you have more information.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did the honda speakers work before you took them out? cause if they worked than that means the wires are fine. you probably didn't connect the new ends very well. I know you had to cut off the Honda plastic connectors, but when you rapped the new 6" piece of wire that comes with the speakers to the existing wire did you do a good job? also I'd wrap it in electric tape, if it touches metal like the door, or get's wet it can make it not work. double check the wires, wrap them in electrical tape, and make sure you have the big female piece on the big male piece and same goes for the little ones. if their on the wrong sides they also won't work.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your grammar and puncutation is impeccable

00_civic757

5+ Year Member
if you have all the wires connected right then you probally have a blown diode(s) cuz i had a kenwood radio and it will turn on and i connected the wires right and it wouldnt play any music so i took it to my buddy who is good as hell with electronics and he took it apart and it was a blown diode......witch is not worth fixing if its that get a new radio.....

Feli

5+ Year Member
the radio works,its just the speakers in the front doors,cause the speakers in the back work fine