considering going lower. rolling of fenders absolutely needed?

dsprimal

Banned
Hello everyone! So my question is pretty simple. Would I need to roll my fenders if i decide to go lower than where i'm at? even though my offset is +40mm (pretty close to OEM). I'm almost certain i'd get wheel rub cause i have about a half inch from the tire to fenders worth of wheel space. If I snugged them right over the tire would I run into issues? I figured the only time you would need to roll/pull fenders is when u have a really low offset.

thanks jdm love club civic <3

Trekk

Registered VIP
Depends on the setup. If you don't use a camber kit the lower you go the more your tires tilt inward. If you say had a camber kit, ran a big sidewall or a wide tire then you might have rub.

Most of the people that need it, are the ones trying to slam a car on a +15 offset

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not absolutely necessary

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
eh, it doesn't hurt. nobody knows your set up like you will, you might rub when turning or something

DMaldonado93

yeah it would all depend on how your setting up your suspension. even if u do its not really hard to roll your fender buy yourself

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Offset is determined from wheel width. Stock wheels are something like 5.5" wide. Most aftermarket wheels that fit properly for our cars are between 6.5"-7.5". So a +40mm offset for stock wheel is likely different than a +40mm offset for an aftermarket wheel.

Besides that, if you are not rubbing your fender lips under very hard, sustained cornering right now, chances are you won't rub if you lower your car more. BUT, you may run into rubbing the fender liner, bottoming out your suspension, riding the bump stops, hitting the upper control arm on the shock tower, more tire wear esp if you don't get an alignment, etc..

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
true. its not all about sittin still. your car may look sick slammed hell almost any nice honda does... but until you have to turn is the problem and were you need to work on. everyone above me considering camber is right. camber is a good thing in this case. too much however can become a problem. rolling the fenders never hurt but you have to do it right.