consol question

chartinael

5+ Year Member
786mine said:
is anyone interested in the blower box and the heating box for combined of $100 shipped? coz I am going to be buying for me tomorrow and if anyone else is, I can buy it for them as well. Once I have that, all I need next is the (a/c) bezel and harness. the 96-98 dash works fine with the 99-00 swap.
Well, you really will not need the entire blower unit nor the entire heater unit. It is a waste of money in my opinion. Just get the high relay, the transistor of the blower and the motor and thingy of the heater unit, check first if you have the holes needed to mount motor on yours or post a picture of your heaters bottom and I will tell you.

Gett the wiring harnes. You don't need the entire dash of a 99-00 but you will need the air duct if you wanna do things right.

kristin

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chartinael said:
Well, you really will not need the entire blower unit nor the entire heater unit. It is a waste of money in my opinion. Just get the high relay, the transistor of the blower and the motor and thingy of the heater unit, check first if you have the holes needed to mount motor on yours or post a picture of your heaters bottom and I will tell you.

Gett the wiring harnes. You don't need the entire dash of a 99-00 but you will need the air duct if you wanna do things right.

kristin
well i wish you had told me like 8 hours ago, i've already got a deal. don't want to mess it up. got a complete deal for the heater, blower, vents, and a/c bezel for just under $210 (I will post the total tomorrow when I pay him) I thought about getting the 99-00 dash, but mine looked just as same. so i will be reusing my 96-98 dash. the wiring harness i will need to buy. i am looking on ebay. in your previous post you said that i could use my 96-98 harness as well but if i do, the only drawback would be that my rear-defroster would not work. right?

it's a bit expensive but i want to do things right.

chartinael

5+ Year Member
well, time difference can screw up the flow of posts ;-)

anyhow ... yes you can use your old harness and your defrost will work but you need rewiring and 2 additional connectors. If you know how to solder and how to use a shrink hose you'll be fine.

now to the parts you need:

bezel and controls (see your pics above=
climate control harness
heater harness

Heater thingy

Hazard light connector (we need that, USDM might not)

Transistor

High relay ... no picture (see bottom ... it is screwed on the blower below)

Air temperature motor

If your blower bottom looks like this, use it (use your old blower if you wish, works just as well)

with the high relay in position

And your heater can take to motor like this (don't change it out just get silver thingy and motor)

And you are willing to change the duct (yes, that you will have to do ... no biggie but everyone hopes to get around it)

The harness is a pain but not horrible ... I can try to look through my files to help you but you will need the 5p green motor connector and the 3p transistor connector it helps to have additional connectors as well ...

This for instance is my old heater harness adapted to the climate control harness ....

I used an additional connector as you can see (the small grey one) and also you can see the two connectors you are missing ... the black one I made myself and the green one.

I will have to find a picture of the entire harness ... anyhow, that's what you need and it is not hard.

manu

5+ Year Member
my 2 cents

I wanted to put a carputer in too but was on a very small budget (i'm a college student) I have a 97 civic ...... I think it would be cheaper and less time consuming to buy an in-dash motorized touch screen..... that goes where your stereo is and your stereo can go behind the cup holder........

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

guess who just bought this? =) i also got the heater and the blower. was a bit over the budget but its taking a good shape. will post pics once i get all the items.

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks man. i am waiting for a small detail, once i get that i will pay the seller. for now i have dibs on things.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chartinael said:
well, time difference can screw up the flow of posts ;-)

anyhow ... yes you can use your old harness and your defrost will work but you need rewiring and 2 additional connectors. If you know how to solder and how to use a shrink hose you'll be fine.

now to the parts you need:

bezel and controls (see your pics above=
climate control harness
heater harness

Heater thingy

Hazard light connector (we need that, USDM might not)

Transistor

High relay ... no picture (see bottom ... it is screwed on the blower below)

Air temperature motor

If your blower bottom looks like this, use it (use your old blower if you wish, works just as well)

with the high relay in position

And your heater can take to motor like this (don't change it out just get silver thingy and motor)

And you are willing to change the duct (yes, that you will have to do ... no biggie but everyone hopes to get around it)

The harness is a pain but not horrible ... I can try to look through my files to help you but you will need the 5p green motor connector and the 3p transistor connector it helps to have additional connectors as well ...

This for instance is my old heater harness adapted to the climate control harness ....

I used an additional connector as you can see (the small grey one) and also you can see the two connectors you are missing ... the black one I made myself and the green one.

I will have to find a picture of the entire harness ... anyhow, that's what you need and it is not hard.

are you saying this is ALL you need to do to go 96-98 to 99-00?

im REALLY confused?

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
are you saying this is ALL you need to do to go 96-98 to 99-00?

im REALLY confused?

lol no that's what you get when you take too much weed. anyhow, that is incase you want to just buy the consol and fix up the blower and heater to work with the new 99-00 consol.

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
update on parts

here is an update on the parts as of 8/10/05

chartinael

5+ Year Member
786mine said:
lol no that's what you get when you take too much weed. anyhow, that is incase you want to just buy the consol and fix up the blower and heater to work with the new 99-00 consol.
Yes that is all you need besides the console of course. As I said, harness is great but you can do with your old harness you can even do without the climate control harness if you have the proper plugs.

You need again:
for the blower (to have the relay bracket on the bottom is nice but not necessary)
-transistor
-high relay
-3p connector for transistor (I made one myself) if you want to use your old harness
for the heater:
-air temperature control motor if you don't get the heating harness)
-green 5p connector for motor (i
-little thingy
if you have the brackets on the bottom as the later facelifts do
if you don't get another heater unit and either swap it out entirely (which sucks, as you have to remove it from the cooling system) or swap out bottom part only (which is better, as you don't have to remove it from the cooling system)
for the dashboard:
-center air duct

misc:
several connectors
soldering stuff
shrink hoses

Well, and yes that's how you can do it. So how often do I have to repeat that? Oh and you can use the heater, blower and harness off a crv as well.

Oh, and to get things right, take the pending stuff ...

Kristin

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
786mine said:
thats not what we want to do?

now im REALLY confused.. lol seriously..

ThaJokaa

Buildin..???
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just keep what u have and be happy....
too much hassle to be doing this...

itg33k

Yes that is all you need besides the console of course. As I said, harness is great but you can do with your old harness you can even do without the climate control harness if you have the proper plugs.

You need again:
for the blower (to have the relay bracket on the bottom is nice but not necessary)
-transistor
-high relay
-3p connector for transistor (I made one myself) if you want to use your old harness
for the heater:
-air temperature control motor if you don't get the heating harness)
-green 5p connector for motor (i
-little thingy
if you have the brackets on the bottom as the later facelifts do
if you don't get another heater unit and either swap it out entirely (which sucks, as you have to remove it from the cooling system) or swap out bottom part only (which is better, as you don't have to remove it from the cooling system)
for the dashboard:
-center air duct

misc:
several connectors
soldering stuff
shrink hoses

Well, and yes that's how you can do it. So how often do I have to repeat that? Oh and you can use the heater, blower and harness off a crv as well.

Oh, and to get things right, take the pending stuff ...

Kristin
Sorry to bump up such and old thread... you mentioned that heater, blower, and harness from a CRV? Which model were you referring to?

Ek9Xpl

itg33k - its the same as the GEN 1 (RD1) crv

need help
are the 96 - 98 harness to the hazard switch the same with the 99-00?