Constant power

that_sick_ls

5+ Year Member
Ok, Well I was having this issue with my aftermarket cd player and clock not saving any info in my car figured out it was the 7.5 amp fuse replaced it, before I did this my radio would shut off with the car no issues at all other than nothing saving, anyway when I replaced the fuse now the CD player has constant pwer only way to shut it off is manually anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

RonJ

Banned
The CD player is wired incorrectly. It's main power wire currently comes from the 7.5A hood Back Up fuse but should come from a wire controlled by the ignition switch.

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the yellow n red ones are flipped

that_sick_ls

5+ Year Member
sweet thanks for the replys i'll switch them around tomorrow, I know I have the colors the same right now but i'll have to connect red to yellow and yellow to red and see what happens

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sweet thanks for the replys i'll switch them around tomorrow, I know I have the colors the same right now but i'll have to connect red to yellow and yellow to red and see what happens
Um no, that is not correct assuming you did this correctly and used a wiring harness. Use a multimeter to verify the issue; that should have been the first thing you did to troubleshoot. If you don't have a multimeter then honestly you shouldn't have been messing with the wiring in the car in the first place.