conversion

da hulk

5+ Year Member
ok so i bought an hx this weekend:D..auto with 240000miles..i had an ex...manual with 130000miles before but got in a wreck..i was planing or hoping for some help on how to do a complete engine swap with tranny nd everything. i have been researching nd i kinda have an idea now..can anybody give me some advice or help to make this easier for me...i work at a body shop so ill have plenty of tools...im not a mechanic though. first time takin an engine out of a car...thanks for yur opinion, help etc.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey double poster, can u go back and delete the identical post u posted.. thx for keeping CC uncluttered

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
x2 on an accident..

back on topic: OP, do you want a single cam or a dual cam? you could get an LS swap for under a grand... whats your price range?

da hulk

5+ Year Member
well i had an ex d16y8...im jus wanting to put that in since i already have it..mayb later i can afford a dual overhead

jakeshatchzc

5+ Year Member
sweet well all you need to do is go to an auto parts shop and pick up a helms book on your car and that will pretty much tell you everything you need to know.
BTW i wouldn't change out the tranny if its a manual

da hulk

5+ Year Member
well i just wanna swap the engine it has in now...its an auto for the d16y8 manual that i have on my ex