Converting DX to EX???

rollinj86

Hit the vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I own a 99 civic dx coupe. My friend just sold me his rear ended 99 civic ex coupe for real cheap. Now my question is, How hard would it be to install the power options onto my car? I wanted to install the whole swap including cruise control, PW, PL, PM. The motor part is no problem but i have really never messed with adding power options. So any info would help.

barcafan_84

jdmfan_84
5+ Year Member
hahaha, just what im doing to mine, but mines a 96-98 dx, the only thing is im not putting the sun roof, i would hate havin problems with that!!!

i know you need al the wire harness and swap the doors!! its easier that way< my car i took to a profesional who is working on that (for free), but i dont know how to do it myself!!! sad, im a noob with knowledge ambition!!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I understand cruise control to be a pain in the ass, and power steering definitely will be too.

The doors are pretty easy, but I'd recommend you have someone else there to hold the glass and help out otherwise. You'll have to remove the seats and carpet in order to replace the floor harness. Fenders will also come off, and the doors get gutted. It might be easiest to remove the fuse box so you can plug in the harness too.

The moonroof would involve you cutting the entire roof skin out and welding it into the other car.

rollinj86

Hit the vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright well i just completed my conversion. I had to change the dash harness for the 2nd O2. And the floor harness and both door harnesss. I also had to swap over the pedal assym. in order to get the cruise control throttle cable to work and i just installed the window motors and mirrors over to my car. I used my previous door actuators from my old alarm and wired them to the factory alarm.I tried everything out and everything works really well. Now all i have left is the engine swap.

barcafan_84

jdmfan_84
5+ Year Member
yo sweet job, how did you do it, is it easy, the guy who's doing it for me is taking 4ever!!

moebiius

5+ Year Member
Alright well i just completed my conversion. I had to change the dash harness for the 2nd O2. And the floor harness and both door harnesss. I also had to swap over the pedal assym. in order to get the cruise control throttle cable to work and i just installed the window motors and mirrors over to my car. I used my previous door actuators from my old alarm and wired them to the factory alarm.I tried everything out and everything works really well. Now all i have left is the engine swap.
When you say dash harness for the 2nd O2 sensor....do you know what part or part number? I'm doing a power window, power lock, cruise control conversion and think I need this dasg harness as well as my floor harness.....thanks!

moebiius

5+ Year Member
^^This thread is almost 2 years old...
i know it is, and your point being? I've been searching all over the place, yes, i know things have been covered and yes I'm still looking and yes, i'm in the process of converting my hatch so i want to make it as OEM as possible and have it done right....sorry to bring the thread back from the dead but its something that I feel will help me out, sorry if it bugged you man

moebiius

5+ Year Member
There are at least 3-5 threads with pictures, I've used them here, deschlong has one for sure...forget the other guys' names, I think NOFX has one too. 96-98 is a cake walk, little tougher on 99-00 I can help out if you're in the bay.