converting e85 pros cons / "all motot" efftecs

z6hatch

so on the news and media has gone for sumtime about the wonders of converting a conventianal gas motor to run on e85

my question, " was just a sort of question for the forum if it has nt been answered" is has anybody tried to convert a "all motor" , "semi built bottom end/ built head' ect.. d series b series ect..(lol love ect. sum short cuts are ment to be taken) as to suppose run it on regular gas.
we know that e85 actually gives the motors a longer life and is actually does'nt wear most off the componets on the entire engine. i'm not trying to come out as a crazy tree hugger or a crazy person hear but maybe we could benefit and would., my opinion, "again just throwing it out their unless wrong about something", help the engines that are in "offroad competitions if you catch my drift" run better, cleaner, and at their peak longer???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuOs1yap8mU

95coupeEX

really? E85? There has been a few people convert their cars to run E85, but from what I've found on H-T its not really worth it unless you are boosting, or pushing some big numbers N/A. You lose major MPG. In my opinion one of the biggest reasons to drive a HONDA, Performance and MPG all in one!!!

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the only down side is it can and will eventually clog the fuel filter, other then that, not a major issue, sure you may loose a bit of mpg, but that shouldnt matter much for a civic