coolant/oil feed and return

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Y8 motor and a garrettt28 turbo, I plan to do a sandwich plate for oil feed and dump it back into the oil pan. For the coolant feed im kinda not sure what to do with it, ive read about tapping into the water pipe by the water pump. Or tapping the block right by the block id plate? Now for coolant return im idealess lol. So basically im looking for you guys/gals that have been there done that with turbos for advice.

Thanks in advance

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
For the turbo builds I've done:

coolant: I use the coolant tube nipple to the IACV for the feed line and the IACV return line to the return line of the turbo..

SO : Remove hose from IACV - coolant tube. replace with hose from turbo to IACV. Run return hose from turbo to coolant tube.

Much easier to do with the motor out but can be done with the motor in.

OIL:

Sandwich plate on filter to oil feed line.

Personal preference: I tap the oil pan on the driver side baffle of the pan to avoid smoking issues on the down pipe and heating the return line and teflon tape/thread in the return bung into the pan... not weld one in... easy and can clean out the refuse with an oil change/magnetic plug.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ Nice! 25k? That's awesome
ya i put a lot of miles on my car, i do 160 miles every weekend plus about 120 during the week so 300 miles giver or take per full week and and sometimes i go on roadtrips that double my weekend miles.

right now im only making 166hp on my turbo but its sweet, i think im going to need to rebuild my turbo here soon though since had a couple thousand miles on it before i got it. its starting to sound like old crappy skateboard bearings when it starts to transition from vacuum to boost