cooling problem

onetwistedcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok ive got a problem thats starting to piss me off because i cant figure it out. yesterday i noticed my temp guage climbing ALOT higher than it should.i just replaced the thermostat about 2 months ago. i figured it might be that again so i check the lower radiator hose to see if it was warm which it was letting me know it wasnt the thermostat. i cant find any leaks anywhere, yes it does have antifreeze in it(im not that damn stupid) and i checked all my other hoses to see if maybe some were loose. the only thing i could come up with is maybe i have a faulty sensor or maybe a pin hole in my radiator any help would be much appreciated. all of this is on a d16y8 motor

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when does it heat up? idle, while driving, or both. might have air in the system, bleed it out. ohh, i dont like your avatar either, but thats just me...

onetwistedcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it heats up when im at idle but cools back down when i get going. youll be ok about the avatar they usually dont last long, i change frequently.

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i grew up on GM's, and still like them. but bout the heating, see if the fan is coming on. if the fan dont come on, then it wont move air through the rad, but you get circulation when you are driving. if not, could be a problem with the water pump where it isnt moving enough coolant at low rpms, or your system may be clogged

WiggerMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You could have a air bubble in your system... I had that problem last week it jumped way up to max then after that no probs... just make sure you have enough fluid in it... and if its a bubble it should work its way out

pearlgreenciv

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you loosing any water? if not it would be an air bubble or the fan. if not check out the fan switch, i think its in the block under the distributer. it could be broken and not allowing the fan to turn on.

onetwistedcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i guess i got the problem worked out i knew the fan was coming on cause i could hear it engage but i checked it again and it came on fine. then i topped off my fluid drove it around for a lil bit and it seemed fine after that so i guess i had a bubble in it like you guys said thanks for the help.