corner lights

pradaG

5+ Year Member
how come my corner lights dont turn on along with my headlights? is there a special thing you gotta connect it to in order to make it turn on?

i have a 00 dx and when i switch on my "city lights", nothing happens as far as the headlights are concerned. i want to know how to make the corner *orange/amber* lights turn on.

(and yes the bulbs are working)

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How did you wire up the city lights? Maybe when you went to wire them, you did something to the parking light circuit?

pradaG

5+ Year Member
the thing is..i dont have city lights or corner lights at all.
all the corner lights does is blink when i switch on a turn signal. other then that, stage 1 (first click on headlight thingy) does nothing but light up my cluster and my tail lights.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have you checked the fuse for the parking lights? have you messed with the wiring on the parking light circuit at all?

pradaG

5+ Year Member
no i havent checked the fuse..maybe i should since i found out my cig. outlet fuse was blown.

i dont know if my brother messed with it, since the civic was passed down to me.

would the corners light up if nobody messed with the wirings?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pradaG said:
no i havent checked the fuse..maybe i should since i found out my cig. outlet fuse was blown.

i dont know if my brother messed with it, since the civic was passed down to me.

would the corners light up if nobody messed with the wirings?
Yes, the corner lights should come on when your cluster lights up / etc. but not your headlights (one click with the headlight lever).Id check the fuse / wiring if neither of the bulbs come on. If it was one, then id just say its probably blown, but my best thoughts now are that he messed with the wiring (had something else hooked into it - which is common) which mightve caused it to either malfunction or blow the fuse.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The only thing that i can think of is if you're not in the united states and i know that some other civics overseas...that is how they light up...they dont have corner lights, they just have the directionals.

pradaG

5+ Year Member
i just checked the fuses and none of them are blown.

and i am in the U.S and purchased the car brand new from a Honda dealership.

any other thoughts?