could my clutch be going out?

2k5civic

i hate imports...! siiike
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The last couple days i've heard a few popping noises when pressing on my clutch. I can feel these with my foot as well. I would press down and release as i can hear the popping everytime. Almost like if the clutch pedal arm needs to be lubed or something. I dont notice anything wrong with shifting or driving. Would do you think this could be? 75k miles currently on my em2. All maintance done by honda. Or maybe the slave cylinder is going out? Holla.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
warrantied????

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea the car is still under warrenty. im going to take into honda this weekend and have them look at it and fix it. i was thinking the throw out bearing as well.

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So i took my car into honda and they said there would be a $150 service diagnostic charge to determine whats wrong with it and if its the clutch, the clutch is not under warrenty. I have a 100k warrenty im paying for and they wont check the problem out for free or cover the parts?

Now im hearing a faily loud squeek noise everytime i press down the clutch pedal. I think it is the throw out bearing.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your clutch pedal squeeking is normal. just lube the pedal up and it will go away. as for the popping noise youre f**ked

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah the popping noise went away as soon as the squeeking noise came about. you cant really hear it while driving but when the car is off and i press down on the pedal it sounds like a door creaking.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just try lubing your pedal up, it cant hurt. let us know if the noises go away

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea definitely im going to try that process and see what happens. thanks shiz!

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
normal... theres acutally a TSB for it

do a google search for honda service bullitens... youll find it

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This would be the only thing i found on TSB for my year. i havent searched for 04 yet. Perhaps maybe this problem was something to do with what im noticing.

SERVICE BULLETIN:07-049 NHTSA ITEM NUMBER:10024568

MFG Bulletin Date: 20080205

Component: POWER TRAIN:CLUTCH ASSEMBLY

Bulletin Summary: WARRANTY EXTENSION: CVT START CLUTCH JUDDER. CSC WAS RECEIVED. *NJ

Date added to datbase: 20080424

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its actually in 03 is when i foundit once

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
dude i just got fixing a simlar proble, but my sound was more of a grid when shift and a loud winning noise when i was down shifting, anyway i just got a cerfied used tranny ran me about 600 bucks not including the install, but if u'r under warenty you'll be fine

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Found it Snake !!

SERVICE BULLETIN:02002 NHTSA ITEM NUMBER:629094

MFG Bulletin Date: 20050111

Component: POWER TRAIN:CLUTCH ASSEMBLY:PEDAL/LINKAGE

Bulletin Summary: SQUEAK OR TWANG CONDITION WHEN THE CLUTCH PEDAL IS PRESSED. *TT *MJ THIS BULLETIN REPLACES PREVIOUS BULLETIN DATED 3/16/2004. *TT

Date added to datbase: 20020327

so what do i have to do now? Get ahold of honda on this?