coupe battle : EX vs Si

Commodore

back again
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
down in norcal, great race this afternoon

my EX vs an Si, 6th gen civics, me having an intake only, the other guy with an intake and exhaust, went twice... both cars had a passenger

1st race we're on flat ground, he beat me off the line about 1 1/2 car lead
2nd race we going on an uphill straight, I had a half-car lead thru 1st and 2nd, probably of a misshift by him before he flew by in 3rd gear,

then gave the thumbs up, good fun

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I had my EX I never got holed by an Si but like you said, by third gear I was getting passed and there was nothing I could do about it. Oh well, good try!

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea those extra 33 horses and 1000rpm's will get ya

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I have never been beat by a EX. I beat a boosted Integra some months back but then he passed me in 4th gear.

Illegal

New Zealand
5+ Year Member
I've never been beat by a new si. What do they redline at? I can got to 9 but i dont, not on the street. what do they even do at the track with i/h/e?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Ive seen dynocharts for the 02+ Si and 02 RSX & T/S that they add an additional 18 or so HP with just I/H/E. The new K series is a phenomenal engine.

Illegal

New Zealand
5+ Year Member
but what #'s were they then? I know minor mods on them do much better, but what #'s am i looking at? (so i know about how much more whp i have.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Illegal said:
but what #'s were they then? I know minor mods on them do much better, but what #'s am i looking at? (so i know about how much more whp i have.
The numbers vary but for the 02+ Si with I/H/E usually net about 150-155whp.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
BTW this was measured at the WHEELS.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those are DAMN good numbers..... The K-series really is a nasty engine.... Amazing potential....

Good job on the race, but the guy in the Si royally screwed himself over.... :lol:

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think the Type-S has some serious intake restriction stock. I've heard of good numbers for JUST an intake.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Here are some Dyno Charts from RevHards website. This gives a awesome show of the K potential.

2003 EP3 Si Honda Civic Turbo Kit

Our 2003 EP3 SI Honda Civic Turbo Kit produced 252.7 wheel horse power and 228.6 ft/lbs of tourque at 7psi of boost.
2002 Acura RSX Type S Turbo Kit

Acura RSX Type S Turbo Kit produced 254 wheel horse power and 199 lb/ft of touque at 6psi of boost.
Rev Hard Stage 3 Hypo Turbo Kit

Hybrid Civic with LS/VTEC produced 647.8 wheel horse power and 450 ft/lbs of torque( tuned to 29 PSI).

Last edited:

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mods of those engines? im not doubting the k's potential....but i also know my friend has a typeS with i/h/e and k-pro ecu, and i still walk on him ALL the time....

because like you, i heard they respond well to mods, but then ive also read that they dont....ive seen quick ones, and slow ones, so i dont know what to believe :lol:

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
mods of those engines? im not doubting the k's potential....but i also know my friend has a typeS with i/h/e and k-pro ecu, and i still walk on him ALL the time....

because like you, i heard they respond well to mods, but then ive also read that they dont....ive seen quick ones, and slow ones, so i dont know what to believe :lol:
I added the other info.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Here is a Type S with JUST a intake system.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbs up....those are impressive

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
:thumbs up....those are impressive
Hell ya a 20hp gain with a intake is hella impressive.

I also have to belive that reason you walk the Type S is due to the power:weight ratio you have over him. Its tremendous differnce.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nd4sped said:
I also have to belive that reason you walk the Type S is due to the power:weight ratio you have over him. Its tremendous differnce.
no doubt about that....we both know thats the reason why im walkin on him :lol:

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Illegal said:
Dc Race header, Hondata Reflash, aem cai, J's racing engine damper.

Ran 14.8 something like that last year.
2.2 60'.
Trapped around 93-94 ish.

Illegal

New Zealand
5+ Year Member
20 whp and 10 tourqe from an intake? Wow, all those magazines will have a field day actually telling the truth for a change......