Couple of new pictures

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

front sir lip and front bumper will be on soon.

pos or neg comments accepted

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
*Nice wheels, very nice
*Lose the window vents (they look better on dark collored cars)
*Lose the tow hook. To me, its rice!
*Lose those black strips on the rear bumper
*And if you can, swith to a 99-00 front end with black housing headlights.
*other than that, its pretty clean. It's like ur car is not too pretty neither too ugly so its not a head-turner

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
*Nice wheels, very nice
*Loose the window vents (they look better on dark collored cars)
*Loose the tow hook. To me, its rice!
*Loose those black strips on the rear bumper
*other than that, its pretty clean. It's like ur car is not too pretty neither too ugly so its not a head-turner
The back bumper is a SiR bumper. So the 'black strips' are OEM. He's just missing the front bumper and lip. And he said it's coming soon. So removing of the black strips is sin.

I've seen some nice 96'-98' set ups and OP's car is pretty clean. No need to do a 99'-00' conversion. Although I agree it's better of the two, don't be like everyone else. Stick with the year of your civic.

Nice car! You need some 96'-98' tail lights bro.

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
*Nice wheels, very nice
I guess its your opinion. the strips on the rear bumper is there because its the SiR bumper. and I like the 98 front end better than the 99s and i had black housing headlights but i got sick of them

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The back bumper is a SiR bumper. So the 'black strips' are OEM. He's just missing the front bumper and lip. And he said it's coming soon. So removing of the black strips isn't necessary.

I've seen some nice 96'-98' set ups and OP's car is pretty clean. No need to do a 99'-00' conversion. Although I agree it's better of the two, don't be like everyone else. Stick with the year of your civic.

Nice car! You need some 96'-98' tail lights bro.
thanks man. I have 98 tails but I think i might leave them off.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well I have a black 00 coupe, its the only civic ive ever owned (and hopefully the only one too cause what I really want is an S2K, thats my achiaveable dream car... well the M3.....) so mine came with that front/rear end the only thing i changed were the headlights, to the black housing ones. And the tow hook, well I'm just not a fan of any tow hooks on any car. tow hooks are for race cars (well, the more accessible ones like the honda people use) and 99% of our civics arent a race car so.. But like I said, overall its clean and I do like those wheels alot.

Oh, just noticed the mud guards, they're hot... you dont have the rear ones thou, right? It's kinda hard to tell on the pic. I dont have any and want them but they're expensive and since i just uilt my motor, im left moneyless for now

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well I have a black 00 coupe, its the only civic ive ever owned (and hopefully the only one too cause what I really want is an S2K, thats my achiaveable dream car... well the M3.....) so mine came with that front/rear end the only thing i changed were the headlights, to the black housing ones. And the tow hook, well I'm just not a fan of any tow hooks on any car. tow hooks are for race cars (well, the more accessible ones like the honda people use) and 99% of our civics arent a race car so.. But like I said, overall its clean and I do like those wheels alot.

Oh, just noticed the mud guards, they're hot... you dont have the rear ones thou, right? It's kinda hard to tell on the pic. I dont have any and want them but they're expensive and since i just uilt my motor, im left moneyless for now
Yeah I really don't care if the tow hook is rice or not necessary. I just like the looks. and I don;t have the rear mud guard on the car right now because i haven't drilled the hole for it on the new rear bumper

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

You do realize the point of tow hooks for civics right? Lowered car that breaks down, the tow truck could do some major damage to front bumper and lip, or just attach to that nice red tow hook and save your body.

To the OP after seeing so many clean 96-98 front ends, I think I like em more than the 99-00 that's on my car. Clean car man, I was about to ask about the front bumper until I read that you're getting the SIR one.

nofear791

5+ Year Member
*Nice wheels, very nice
loose? im guessing you meant lose, and tow hooks arent rice!

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
EJex, his car is his car and if the tow hook works for him then great. I personally dont like it that's why I'd never have one... and besides if your car left you on the side of the road, you shouldnt have spent money on a tow hook and instead fixed the problem in the 1st place... And I've never seen a tow truck towing any car by that tow hook (besides on races) cause that major damage you say could occur can be greater if the tow truck breaks the the car being towed plows in the back of the truck... You know it man, tow hooks are just for looks and nothing else! I highly doubt you or anyone else with a $100+ Benen would want chains on that... Its just my opinion.

EK4c, you got me smart ass lol. I fixed that.. perhaps not rice but definitely for looks and useless

nofear791

5+ Year Member
EJex, his car is his car and if the tow hook works for him then great. I personally dont like it that's why I'd never have one... and besides if your car left you on the side of the road, you shouldnt have spent money on a tow hook and instead fixed the problem in the 1st place... And I've never seen a tow truck towing any car by that tow hook (besides on races) cause that major damage you say could occur can be greater if the tow truck breaks the the car being towed plows in the back of the truck... You know it man, tow hooks are just for looks and nothing else! I highly doubt you or anyone else with a $100+ Benen would want chains on that... Its just my opinion.

EK4c, you got me smart ass lol. I fixed that.. perhaps not rice but definitely for looks and useless
not everyone builds a show car man, i have tow hooks and i dont buy a part unless its going to be used. my civic sees its fair share of abuse and every part i have bought for it serves a purpose. buying parts that will never be used is a waste of money and in my opinion rice. like when someone spends almost a grand on suspension upgrades yet the car never sees a track or any kind of driving the parts were meant for.

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You guys can call the tow hook rice or whatever. I like it. and it may become useful one day if it breaks down.

janedoe

Live Free!
5+ Year Member
I like the lip on the car, it looks super sweet! I feel the Sir bumpers look a little funny but are still nice on your ride. Anything in the engine bay? I was also curious, what is OP?

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like the lip on the car, it looks super sweet! I feel the Sir bumpers look a little funny but are still nice on your ride. Anything in the engine bay? I was also curious, what is OP?
thanks man. nothing done to the engine at all. i took out my SRI (hot air intake). OP is original poster i think

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Not nitpicking or bashing. Simply informing.

I still don't think you know the purpose of the tow hook. Tow trucks don't 'tow' cars by the tow hook per say. When they pull your car into the truck bed, they use the winch to pull your car up.

To pull your car up, they put the winch on your STOCK tow hook. Normally, if your car is lowered, the chain and the angle of it will TEAR up your lip and your bumper. If you had a tow hook, they can hook the winch to that, and pull your car up SAFELY. Given, your lip and bumper might scrape the bed due to how low your car is. It definitely has a good purpose.

Besides, you can never tell when your car will break down. What if your head gasket blows, or your car just breaks down and won't start. You don't have time or the tools to diagnose it on the spot. You get it towed to your house, so you can work on it. Happened to me.... my distributor was shot, no spark.

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

I still don't think you know the purpose of the tow hook. Tow trucks don't 'tow' cars by the tow hook per say. When they pull your car into the truck bed, they use the winch to pull your car up.

To pull your car up, they put the winch on your STOCK tow hook. Normally, if your car is lowered, the chain and the angle of it will TEAR up your lip and your bumper. If you had a tow hook, they can hook the winch to that, and pull your car up SAFELY. Given, your lip and bumper might scrape the bed due to how low your car is. It definitely has a good purpose.

Besides, you can never tell when your car will break down. What if your head gasket blows, or your car just breaks down and won't start. You don't have time or the tools to diagnose it on the spot. You get it towed to your house, so you can work on it. Happened to me.... my distributor was shot, no spark.
nuff said.

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol op car looks clean. I would go back to black housings. And the sir bumpers aren't for me now that I look at ur car lol thanks for that. but keep up the good work

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Thank you sir.