Crank but no start, please help!

K2Mediahouse

Hey guys my neighbors are sketchy and I have a 1997 civic dx coupe 5 speed. So for security reasons, I've been pulling one of the spark plugs off of the coil on the dizzy a few times. I was originally going to pull the ecu fuse like on my friends civic but since I was in a rush and the fuses are different from his car, I just did this quickly. Anyways, last time I unplugged it, it was sitting un plugged for a couple of days..forgot that it was unplugged from the coil. Last week monday morning, went to go warm it up in 32 degrees, started fine..no stutter, was scraping the window and then it just shut off. I told myself oh yeaaa, plugged it back into the dizzy and it hasn't started at all. Since then, I have replaced the dizzy, plugs, plug wires, tested for spark, has spark. Getting fuel, Checked timing, it was off. Have the crank timing on the middle stock mark and cam sprocket in the "up" at 12 o clock. Battery is good, starter is good. But does not start. Checked the ecu fuse, that's good. The ignition coil fuse wasn't blown just the contacts were rusty so replaced that, has oil. Any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please elaborate more on what you mean by removing the spark plug off the coil being that your Civic doesnt have ignition coils but a cap, rotor, wires & plugs. If you meant that you removed the wire, did you remove it completely, or just unplugged one wire from the plug? Removing the spark plug doesnt make sense so I assume thats not what you meant.

If you you unplugged one spark wire and left it loose in the bay, its possible you damaged something electrical. You shouldve never done something so stupid to begin with, if you did at all.