crank position sensor issue

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had this problem with the D16 in my 97 Civic and was never able to fix it. Eventually when I pulled the motor later I found the wiring harness had been chewed up by a belt and I was never able to see it when the motor was in the car. Try to look at the wiring and see if you can find anything.

JDaniel

Nevermind

Hey everyone,

I had the exact same problem with my 04 Civic EX: timing belt and water hose replaced, and three weeks later, bucking and kicking and a P0335 (Crankshaft position sensor) code. I haven't had it opened up to see what the exact problem is yet, but it looks like this one (bad connector) is the most common.

I don't know if this helps or if it's exactly what people are looking for, but I found this at a honda parts site:
http://www.1hondaparts.com/product/Honda/CIVIC/2004/2DR EX/KA4AT/honda/pigtail-1.25-10-pieces-red/04320-sp0-r00-honda/

If nothing else, maybe its a suitable picture for that other place to use..
Nevermind this honda site; these are all connectors to different things. The plug is just one component of the wiring harness, which is sold all as one piece, so this particular plug doesn't even have a part number of its own.

One thing you may be able to send to aeromotive is a picture of the sensor (male) end of the plug, they may be able to find the right connector (female) from the engine wiring harness based on that.

JDaniel

Here it is, everyone, I had my mechanic take the picture when he unplugged it. To sum up, this is the connector from the engine wiring harness to the crankshaft position sensor on an '04 Honda Civic EX, which is located behind the timing belt cover (though you don't need to open that up to get to this plug, just to get to the sensor itself).

Nota Bene, if you have a Civic older than '01 then your sensor is in the distributor! In which case your problems may be of a different nature.

Cheers and best of luck everyone.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38133534@N02/7950364086/in/photostream

Last edited:

flucas

Pictures

Hey guys,
Total noob on cars, sorry, and I know this is an old thread, but I just recently had this problem after taking my car to have the belts replaced. I took pictures of the cables, the camshaft sensor seems to be the same socket design as the crank sensor so i took a picture of that. I did finally get one from aeromotive, though it was real expensive. Here are the pictures.