1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

crankshaft position sensor... where is it located???

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by missle10, Jun 24, 2009.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. missle10

missle10 New Member 5+ Year Member

I have a Honda civic ex 1997 and I cannot find the crankshaft position sensor... I have no clue where it is at.
    I need to replace it because a mechanic said it was the problem and i dont want to pay someone for something i can install myself.
    so can anyone help me out? its a D16Y8 engine with vtec.

2. missle10

missle10 New Member 5+ Year Member

3. civic hatch

civic hatch New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

if im right you have to remove the crank pully, remove the lower timing blet cover and you should see it on the crank.

4. Szady

Szady D-Series Master Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Take the crank pulley off, remove the lower timing cover, and its bolted to the oil pump housing by 1, 10mm bolt.

5. jlicrx

jlicrx New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) on the D16Y8 is inside the distributor - the sensor on the front of the crankshaft behind the pulley is the Crankshaft Speed Fluctuation Sensor (CKF) - not the same thing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]